First Forward! And question.

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

strato

First Forward! And question.

Post by strato » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:34 am

Hi all,I have been a member of TAXI for about a year and only recently started submitting some material. Out of 5 submittals I got 1 forward to # Y070222AD! I'm pretty psyched about the forward!I do have a quick question and I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to ask it.For those of you that have had alot of successful forwards, were your songs fully produced and engineered? I'm wondering if that's why I recently had a forward. I can't afford to go into the studio all the time. Has anyone been successful with just submitting a guitar and vocals recording?Thanks,J

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: First Forward! And question.

Post by gitarrero » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:09 pm

hi strato,congrats to the forward, feels great, ain't it? hopefully there are many more to come, too.your question: well I think that really depends on the listing. can you be a little bit more specific - to what listings did you submit?my own submissions were mainly for library, game, producer-listings and yes, my tracks are all complete arrangements, fully produced. those listings need tracks that can be used "as is" - but if you find a listing that states that guit/voc are fine (..I can imagine that in the jazz-corner) than it might work. of course it still depends on the musicianship - I really think no matter what, the better your tracks sound, the better are your chances overall.hope that helps.cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments