3rd Forward & a Lesson (#S060706PO)

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ashboxclay

3rd Forward & a Lesson (#S060706PO)

Post by ashboxclay » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:56 pm

I am SO sorry if I'm starting to get annoying with this -- BUT HOLY COW, it is true that WHEN IT RAINS ......... But Here's a good story about this forward, and a lesson I have learned:I received about 6 or 7 listing results back at once today. The earilier one in the list of RETURNS said the following for the song "TRIPPIN""".(RETURNED by #193) ......Joe, this is a very strong song!....... I'd like you to consider recording this professionally with a good female lead and a solid neo-soul track....."OK .... So 2 e-mail's later I get a FORWARD for the same song (TRIPPIN') for the following listing:"......(excerpt): HITS SONGS are needed by the Head of A&R at a Major Record Label for the FEMALE lead singer of a huge band who is working on her first solo album...."BUT WAIT ......The "Conrats E-Mail says: "....Congratulations Joe, Your song TRIPPIN has been forwarded to INTERSCOPE/A&M Records......"Ok, I'm gonna go out on a very thin limb here but FERGIE (Black Eyed Peas) who is on INTERSCOPE/A&M is working on a new SOLO RECORD that is due out "late fall".Moral of The Story (hopefully, with some luck): The folks at TAXI sometimes give some great advice. I mean, after all, the reviewer (#193) who returned TRIPPIN' did advise that I "...consider recording this professionally with a good female lead...." DETAILS:TAXI LISTING:TAXI # S060706PO Mid to up-tempo POP/R&B/URBAN CROSSOVER HITS SONGS along the lines of the Fugees, the Black Eyed Peas, the Pussycat Dolls, etc. are needed by the Head of A&R at a Major Record Label for the FEMALE lead singer of a huge band who is working on her first solo album. Fun, slightly sensual, even semi-novelty songs with huge hooks are being requested. He ran this as a Dispatch listing in April [but hasn’t found that hit song yet], so if you were forwarded for D060410PO, do not submit the same songs. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than July 6, 2006. TAXI # S060706PO SONG FORWARDED: TRIPPIN'BROADJAM ARTIST LINK:http://www.broadjam.com/artists/artist_ ... LAIMER:The vocals on this song are quite "all over the place" because I'm not a female vocalist (LOL). But, with this song, I was hoping that the songwriting would be reviewed, and not the performance. In the case of #193 returning it for another listing -- he was right to do so because the listing was looking for BROADCAST QUALITY (ready for air) MASTERS .... and because of the vocal performance, and some other technical things, he was right not to forward it for that listing. This would have been pure poetry if #193 did the final forward for TRIPPING. But it was #238 who did. Thanks to both of you!