1st Forward!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jeffchurchwell
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

1st Forward!

Post by jeffchurchwell » Thu May 18, 2006 6:30 pm

Hey, kids.I just got my first forward, for my song "Infrared." The listing was a "Y' (no critique). Listing follows:Film/TV/Video Games TAXI # Y060510TVAn LA-based Music Library wants great SONGS IN ALL STYLES [no instrumentals] with positive and universal lyrical themes for film/TV/ad placement. Up-tempos preferred, but all tempos OK. Songs with big anthemic chorus are most welcome. She can’t use songs that include specific names [Bob, Jennifer, etc.] or historical events in the lyrics, but those with places [cities, countries, etc.] are OK. The company has been in biz for about a year and already has had placements on ABC, NBC, and HBO as well as films distributed by Disney, Warner Bros., and Trimark. You must own all of your song’s licensing/pub. rights and have release forms for any & all performers on your recording [if you hired studio musicians, for example]. They offer a non-exclusive deal. The company’s owner will screen your submissions. She’s also running Y060418HH, so if you’ve submitted to that listing, do not submit to this one. Broadcast quality needed [excellent home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI. For ground submissions, please enclose a S.A.S.E. if you would like a response. Submissions must be received no later than May 10, 2006. TAXI # Y060510TVSo, I'm obviously feeling GREAT! Tomorrow I can start a new round of fretting about it, but for right now.... Two other songs I sent for the same listing were returned. I have always felt "Infrared" was my most likely candidate (so far) for film/tv placement, but it's amazing nonetheless to see that someone else agrees.Man, I am over the moon.You can hear "Infrared" at http://www.myspace.com/jeffchurchwellmusic, or http://www.broadjam.com/jeffchurchwellI gotta get some sleep. Later, all.Jeff

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: 1st Forward!

Post by edteja » Fri May 19, 2006 1:56 am

Congratulations!
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

timejunkie
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: 1st Forward!

Post by timejunkie » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:41 pm

Congrats on the forward.I listened to Infrared...real nice vocal work and "wow" on the layered harmonies.Great job and good luck!