What is the typical turn arounfd time for Dispatch listing?

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

renips
Impressive
Impressive

What is the typical turn arounfd time for Dispatch listing?

Post by renips » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:34 pm

Once the deadline passes how long typically will the submitter receive yes/no?

Thanks

fusilierb
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: What is the typical turn arounfd time for Dispatch listing?

Post by fusilierb » Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:29 pm

I don't subscribe to the Dispatch as of this year. But I did last year. I only submitted to one opportunity, as the music I do is kind of a rarity on the dispatch for some reason. I did hear back within a week for the one I submitted to. I believe that's probably a close approximation to the turn around time with those.

They are good opportunities in Dispatch and they tend to move pretty quick in my experience. I got 6 forwards and five signed pieces all within one month of submitting to the one dispatch I did go for.

HTH's
B

bigbluebarry
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bigbluebarry » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:30 pm

From my experiences the last two years, it's usually around a 3-5 day turnaround from the deadline date for the Y/N on a Dispatch. But I have had one that took about 10 days. Depends on the amount of submissions they get for it.

hth,
- Big Blue
Imagine a steel cage match between Daughtry, Coldplay, Paramore and Demon Hunter with Joe Satriani as the referee...

http://www.taxi.com/bigbluebarry
http://www.bigbluebarry.com
http://www.twitter.com/bigbluebarry

remmet
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by remmet » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:23 pm

My last submission was for a Dispatch listing with a Feb. 23 deadline. As of today (March 8), there's been no response. I guess the timing is somewhat mysterious.

Richard

jnmorrison
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jnmorrison » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:36 am

Yeah - it HIGHLY depends on what the client wants.
I've heard back the next day on a couple, and waited up to the full 30 days on others.

mfowler
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mfowler » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:43 pm

I'v submitted to around a dozen.. none have been less than a week.. most are around 10 days.

bobadohshe
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bobadohshe » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:53 pm

Yeah it seems like they are taking longer and longer. I've been waiting 13 days for one and still nothing.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:24 pm

remmet wrote:My last submission was for a Dispatch listing with a Feb. 23 deadline. As of today (March 8), there's been no response. I guess the timing is somewhat mysterious.

Richard
Richard
Did you check your submission status on the website? I've heard that some people have not been getting their forward/return emails. This sounds way too long for a Dispatch lead. I think you should contact Taxi about it.

I find Dispatch returns are typically 7-10 days. Some come back sooner, others take a little longer. Right now I'm waiting on one from 4/15 so it's getting close to 2 weeks. I do think the average return time is longer now than I remember it from a few years back. However, there are so many variables-- the types of leads, state of the industry, etc. Sometimes the listing party themselves does the reviewing so we have to wait until they are available to come in for screening. In the grand scheme of things, as much as I hate waiting too, a few days or even weeks don't mean a lot in this slow moving biz.

:) Casey

remmet
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by remmet » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:55 pm

Hi Casey! I always check the website because I'm one of those people who hasn't been getting email notifications. The Feb. listing result was eventually posted (a forward, happily). Anyway, I'm sure a lot of us have learned the art of patience over the years. :)

Richard
Casey H wrote:
remmet wrote:My last submission was for a Dispatch listing with a Feb. 23 deadline. As of today (March 8), there's been no response. I guess the timing is somewhat mysterious.

Richard
Richard
Did you check your submission status on the website? I've heard that some people have not been getting their forward/return emails. This sounds way too long for a Dispatch lead. I think you should contact Taxi about it.

I find Dispatch returns are typically 7-10 days. Some come back sooner, others take a little longer. Right now I'm waiting on one from 4/15 so it's getting close to 2 weeks. I do think the average return time is longer now than I remember it from a few years back. However, there are so many variables-- the types of leads, state of the industry, etc. Sometimes the listing party themselves does the reviewing so we have to wait until they are available to come in for screening. In the grand scheme of things, as much as I hate waiting too, a few days or even weeks don't mean a lot in this slow moving biz.

:) Casey