Kore 2

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

elser
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Kore 2

Post by elser » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:22 pm

Kore 2 and Komplete 6 are on sale, does anyone use it? Is it real cool, kinda cool, not so cool?

Oh, and here's my recommeded piece of gear.

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Kore 2

Post by mazz » Sat May 01, 2010 12:15 pm

I picked this up a while back when it was a Komplete 5 bundle and updated to Komplete 6 when it came out.. I don't use the Kore 2 controller very much (haven't spent enough time with it, honestly), but Kore is cool because you can combine sounds from all the Komplete stuff PLUS all of your other VIs and plug ins and then save them as patches. Also, there's a bunch of excellent libraries designed for Kore that are available. You can also morph among several variations of the patches which gives lots of extra options.

Basically, this is a very deep collection of stuff that alone would last you decades before you got to the bottom of it. Along with the synths (Massive, Absynth, etc.) you get Kontakt 4 and all that implies and the Guitar Rig which is very good and Reaktor, which isn't an every day kind of thing but has some excellent sounds that you can't get anywhere else.

I believe they discontinued the B4 and the Pro 53 which is a bummer but they are still in Komplete 5. The B4 is really great, IMO.

You have to decide if you want to spend the time getting to know some new synths, etc. or if you want to get the sounds you need out of what you already have. You will get great sounds out of this, but you probably already have a lot of great sounds.

Decisions, decisions!

Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

llama
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by llama » Sat May 01, 2010 5:13 pm

Hey Elser,

I'm a big NI fan. I started with Reaktor 5 which in itself is a huge program of infinite possibilities. I then upgraded to Komplete 6 which included Absynth, Guitar Rig, Massive FM8, Kontact 4 and of course Reaktor which multiplied the infinite possibilities......by well..........a lot. (ok ya kanna break the law of physics). Just last week I got Kore 2. My little mind is finding it hard to comprehend the possibilities here. So IMHO the Kore2/ Komplete 6 combo is fabulous. Especially if you enjoy tweaking and creating your own sounds. Even if you don't, the number of preset sounds in this combination is staggering.........I'd go so far as to say if they were the only programs available to me I'd spend a lifetime exploring them and still not exhaust the possibilities. Anyways FWIW my vote is 10 outta 10.

Derek

elser
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by elser » Sat May 01, 2010 11:47 pm

Thanks guys, I was determined to get Kontakt but then when they came out with this deal (I was able to get Komplete 6 and Kore 2 for $525) I figured the value was too good to pass on. I definitely don't want to get bogged down with too much learning curve, but after listening to the demos and your opinions it seems that everything in the package might at some point become useful. Reaktor looks really intriguing, I love the way it sounds.

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Sun May 02, 2010 12:13 am

Im certain you'll be happy with that. The sounds are great out of the box, and will be even greater with small amounts of tweaking!
Ceo of my own life

rnrmachine
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by rnrmachine » Sun May 02, 2010 4:40 am

I use Komplete 6 but not Kore in any form 1 or 2. I have had Komplete 4,5 and 6. So it must be obvious I like it enough to continue buying it.

Rob
http://www.taxi.com/johnsteskal
Sonar X1 PE Expanded on a Windows 7 64bit system.
Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
Thermaltake PSU 500watts can run 5 SATA
Asus P5QL PRO Mboard with 4GB of Ram
Radeon X1650 512MB Ram
WD Blue HDrives. OS, Sample, Audio.

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Sun May 02, 2010 9:20 am

elser wrote:Thanks guys, I was determined to get Kontakt but then when they came out with this deal (I was able to get Komplete 6 and Kore 2 for $525) I figured the value was too good to pass on. I definitely don't want to get bogged down with too much learning curve, but after listening to the demos and your opinions it seems that everything in the package might at some point become useful. Reaktor looks really intriguing, I love the way it sounds.
If you don't already have Kontakt, then it's a no-brainer, because Kontakt is pretty pervasive and very flexible. There's lots of third party libraries out there designed to run on Kontakt, and some of the best only run in the full version anyway. It's a great investment.

The other stuff is really good too, and will give you more sounds and options beyond the pervasive Omnisphere/Stylus aesthetic already heard everywhere.
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Sun May 02, 2010 11:10 am

mazz wrote:
If you don't already have Kontakt, then it's a no-brainer, because Kontakt is pretty pervasive and very flexible. There's lots of third party libraries out there designed to run on Kontakt, and some of the best only run in the full version anyway. It's a great investment.

The other stuff is really good too, and will give you more sounds and options beyond the pervasive Omnisphere/Stylus aesthetic already heard everywhere.
+1,
Kontakt is one of the few pieces of software I would consider a "must have", and I've used Komplete since version 2 and gotten a LOT of mileage out of it...

I don't have Kore so I can't comment on that...

elser
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by elser » Sun May 02, 2010 10:19 pm

matto wrote: +1,
Kontakt is one of the few pieces of software I would consider a "must have", and I've used Komplete since version 2 and gotten a LOT of mileage out of it...

I don't have Kore so I can't comment on that...
What sold me is the GTAK midi guitar converter for Kontakt. I use the EXS24 all the time and don't feel like I've really pushed it to it's limits as far as a sampler, and I'm sure I'll continue to use it, especially live since it doesn't demand much of the system resources. But I'm really looking forward to all the great sounds that come with Kontakt and using it for those libraries where it probably works better. I'm really looking forward to playing VI's on guitar, I've yet to get that working very well.

rnrmachine
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by rnrmachine » Mon May 03, 2010 12:12 am

I love reaktor, I should put a clip online of this song i did with it. It has such a drive it is way cool, you will love it too I am sure.

Rob
http://www.taxi.com/johnsteskal
Sonar X1 PE Expanded on a Windows 7 64bit system.
Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz
Thermaltake PSU 500watts can run 5 SATA
Asus P5QL PRO Mboard with 4GB of Ram
Radeon X1650 512MB Ram
WD Blue HDrives. OS, Sample, Audio.