New Guitar Tremolo System

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bucyboy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

New Guitar Tremolo System

Post by bucyboy » Wed May 26, 2010 6:27 am

I had to post something about my buddy's new invention. Joe Folmer, a long time musician and guitar tech that I use to jam with in high school invented this awesome new guitar tremolo system. Some of the major players are just now finding out about it and are really loving it. Unlike the old style trems, if you break a string this stays in tune and you can do unbelievable up and down bends on it. It's called the StepMax Trem System. Kerry Livgren of Kansas says he loves it and he ordered a second one. I told former Taxi member Jay Buchannan about it and he told his buddy guitarist Johnny Hiland from Nashville. Joe and his partner Keith built Johnny a custom plate for his Ernie Ball guitar with custom inlay.

I want to mention that I do no get any commission or anything what-so-ever for promoting this, I just love the fact that my long time friend is starting to get some recognition for all his years of hard work developing this. If you'd like to check it out go to:

http://www.stepmaxtrem.com

Buc

cardell
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: New Guitar Tremolo System

Post by cardell » Fri May 28, 2010 5:45 am

Thanks Buc...this is fantastic! :D

I always pull my strat tremolo up (never down), it just sounds better to me. But...whenever I break a string, I can't use the guitar until I stop and replace the string.

Stuart
Cardell Music
Image Image
“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

bucyboy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: New Guitar Tremolo System

Post by bucyboy » Fri May 28, 2010 6:34 am

Hi Stuart, yea, I couldn't believe this thing when I saw it in action. Joe, the inventor called me up a couple of years ago and asked me if I could video tape a demonstration. I was very impressed with what he had come up with. His partner Keith is a machinist and the two of them worked out all the bugs and got it working perfect. The big players have just recently heard about it and they love it. It's just starting to take off for them. Fender was going to buy them out but decided why spend the extra money when their guitars are selling fine the way they are.

Buc