Solid entry-Level virtual drums: EZDrummer

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ckbarlow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Solid entry-Level virtual drums: EZDrummer

Post by ckbarlow » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:11 pm

anne wrote:I have been vacillating between this and the entry level Slate drums for quite some time. I know you use EZD and that carries a lot of weight with me - missed the GC sale for $99 that they had a few weeks back, but I'm hoping to see it again soon!
easy to use, sounds great. Excellent value.

hnrubin

Post by hnrubin » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:09 pm

I agree that the Nashville expansion pack is the most useful, although I like the Latin one a lot also.

In your post you say: "A key feature is that it supports either stereo or multi-output, meaning when you instantiate it as a plug-in, you can simply work with all the drum voices on a single stereo track, or you can split out the kick, snare top, snare bottom, toms, HH, overhead and room mics onto their own tracks in your DAW for individual treatment (e.g. EQ, compression, etc.). IMO this is pretty cool for such an inexpensive product."

Can you explain how you go about splitting the drum sounds to individual tracks? I wasn't aware you could do that.

Also, do you use EXMix just for EZdrummer or for all your tracks?

AndyKotz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by AndyKotz » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:33 pm

I love my Superior Drummer 2.1.
I can't believe how good it sounds that I've been going back and remixing older tracks and adding my SD2.1 to them. What a difference! It's like having a session drummer at your beckon call with multiple kits and studio environments to choose from, he's always on time but I can't get him to bring donuts to the session!! I also added the Songwriter Midi Packs and Monster Fill Packs... -- Andy
"After silence... that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible... is music" -- Aldous Huxley

AKMusic Productions
ImageImage

ckbarlow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ckbarlow » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:23 pm

hnrubin wrote:...Can you explain how you go about splitting the drum sounds to individual tracks? I wasn't aware you could do that.

what DAW are you using? Answer will depend on that.
to your second question, so far just drums, but there are cool sounding options for other tracks like guitar and vocals.

hnrubin

Post by hnrubin » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:10 pm

ckbarlow wrote:
hnrubin wrote:...Can you explain how you go about splitting the drum sounds to individual tracks? I wasn't aware you could do that.

what DAW are you using? Answer will depend on that.
to your second question, so far just drums, but there are cool sounding options for other tracks like guitar and vocals.

I'm using Pro Tools LE version 7.4. Certainly appreciate any tips - I feel like I haven't been getting everything I could out of EZdrummer now!

hnrubin

Post by hnrubin » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:30 pm

Great sounding stuff CK. I listened to the tracks you listed and they are very impressive. I have a long way to go :)

ckbarlow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ckbarlow » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:33 pm

hnrubin wrote:Great sounding stuff CK. I listened to the tracks you listed and they are very impressive. I have a long way to go :)
thanks! You'll get there!

Since starting this thread I've picked up the DFH expansion -- check out the tune Iron Ghost - the second mix.

orest
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by orest » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:28 am

fusilierb wrote:Easy drummer rules and Superior Drummer rules even more! This company has got it together. I LOVE this library!
B
Of course, it's Swedish :)

digital1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by digital1 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:40 pm

Great tracks, CK, and the drums sound really great. I hope I can approach what you're doing someday!

I chose BFD2 for drums and, while the samples are unbelievably good, the learning curve is pretty high. There aren't a whole lot of tutorials on their site from what I've seen. But I'm getting some great sounds out of it so far.

Just finished an online tutorial on Ultrabeat. I still can't believe what you can do with that one.