Is this Dance/Electronica?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

wainscottmusic

Is this Dance/Electronica?

Post by wainscottmusic » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:50 pm

Hello, I'm new to taxi and I would like to get some feedback from some of the great writers on the board. I mostly create for the Rock genre but I've recently become interested in submitting to some of the dance/electronica listings. My first attempt is called Infatuated. It's half way down my playlist. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by wainscottmusic on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

wainscottmusic

Re: Is this Dance/Electronica?

Post by wainscottmusic » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:50 pm

Hi Ott, I'm new to taxi and not real sure how to link to an individual song. Infatuated is on my playlist about half way down. Any help linking to an individual song would be appreciated. Thanks

ottlukk
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ottlukk » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:50 pm

I don't know the proper procedure, but I'll kick you back up to the top of the board, and I'm sure someome more intelligent than I will show you how to post a proper link.
Ott

wainscottmusic

Post by wainscottmusic » Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:01 am

Ok the link should work now. Sorry for the confusion.

fret17
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by fret17 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:54 am

Hi Randell...I listen to all the songs you had posted on your page and I think I liked infatuated the best.....You have an obvious talent for writing and production but infatuated really stood out among the rest...probably because the vocals were more interesting to me than the constant harshness expressed in the rock songs....I did also enjoy "Rain" but I wanted to hear some strong sustained backround vocals that fade out on the word "Rain" as the lead vocal continued in the chorus....Lots of interesting and thoughtful music going on at your page.... and although your rock music is well put together and is a strong point in your writing skills, I think you're extremely capable of competing in the Dance/Electronica genre as well.....I have the feeling that you could write for anything you set your mind to....good luck ....by the way....under your hosting you'll find a link "My Artist's Info"....go there and at the bottom type in wainscottmusic....then come back to the forum and click on "User Control Panel " above in the yellow bar....once inside look to the left and click "Profile"....under profile click "edit signiture"....inthe box to the right type in :

Randell (or what ever you want people to call you)....then below this

http://www.taxi.com/wainscottmusic

This should get people to link to your page....

monteverdejon
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by monteverdejon » Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:14 pm

Infatuated certainly has enough dance elements to qualify it under that category. Good rock-dance hybrid, uptempo too which a lot of the listings are looking for.

ottlukk
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ottlukk » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:49 pm

Randall:
Listened to "Infatuated", very well done.
Ott

ottlukk
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ottlukk » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:53 pm

Randall:
Jus so you know, the link on your Taxi page to your MySpace site does not work.
Ott

bwd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by bwd » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:01 am

Hi Randall. "Infatuated" sounds great. The use of auto-tune in the verse reminds me of "Blue" by Eiffel 65. The chorus has that rock hybrid thing a la Linkin Park going on. Lots of hooks! This should do well in the dance/rock listings. Remember to do a mix without vocals as well for the instrumental listings. Cheers, Doug