Critique Fees

Layin down the law..

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BuddyV

Critique Fees

Postby BuddyV » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:25 pm

Why is it that Taxi did not explain the screening fee in the rules book? I was caught off guard on that one. Don't you think it should be made clear on this $20.00 fee rather than mislead people. If I missed that somewhere then I'll withdrawl.
davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Critique Fees

Postby davewalton » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:32 pm

The fee for submitting for the listings is $5 per song. Custom critiques are $20 (or $25?... can't remember). The fee info (for membership and submissions) is in the FAQ section on their homepage...

http://www.taxi.com/about.html
BuddyV

Postby BuddyV » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:21 am

There is no mention of a $20.00 fee for screening on the home page. It just says "Mark off the ones you want us to listen to" during the submission process.

In all fairness, that should be mentioned clearly. I understand business practices and they probably opted not to offer that information in the FAQ they created.
davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Postby davewalton » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:54 am

Just to make sure that we're all on the same page. It's $5 per song when submitting to listings not $20. Some listings offer critiques, some don't. The only time the $20 (or $25 or whatever) fee comes into play is if you request a custom critique where you're employing them to listen and give detailed written comments, suggestions, etc. I've been a member for a number of years and have only asked for one custom critique (for a genre that I had never written for). It was very detailed with a lot of information and well worth it. Custom critiques are our choice to get or not get those.
BuddyV

Postby BuddyV » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:02 am

I understand and thanks for the comments.

Bud