Placement in a ABC serial

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hpcrazy

Placement in a ABC serial

Post by hpcrazy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:39 am

Got my first placement in the ABC serial " Ugly Betty ". That's pretty cool I guess. Never watched it before. Can't remember which forward this was but thank you taxi.com HP

ontariolightning
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Placement in a ABC serial

Post by ontariolightning » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:45 am

pretty popular show, my sisters watch it, congratS!

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:35 am

AWESOME!!!!It must feel great!!CONGRATS!! Casey

hpcrazy

Post by hpcrazy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:41 am

Yeah it's pretty cool. The serial must be very popular since it is on in Europe as well. I might have a look now. Probably some of you saw the first broadcast on Dec. 4th and can tell me the name of the episode ? HP

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:13 am

Dec 5, 2008, 4:41am, hpcrazy wrote:Yeah it's pretty cool. The serial must be very popular since it is on in Europe as well. I might have a look now. Probably some of you saw the first broadcast on Dec. 4th and can tell me the name of the episode ? HPGoogle and the Internet are wonderful... Took one second:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ug ... y_episodes (scroll to bottom)Dec 4th was "Bad Amanda". You should be able to keep an eye out for re-runs if you didn't see it or want to record it. You should get checks for a long time to come from both domestic re-broadcasts and international airings. If it goes syndication, that would be awesome. Prime-Time network TV such as this is in one of the highest pay rates for PRO royalties. Do you know how many seconds were used? PRO payments take a while-- domestic 6-9 months behind broadcast, international 1-2 years.And it's not all about money ... I'm sure this was one of the best feelings you could have too! Congrats again!Casey

hpcrazy

Post by hpcrazy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:52 am

Hey Casey,thanks for finding . At least I know now what I have to search for. Till now I couldn't find a a clip where my music is playing on ABC.comm only US residental can watch full episodes. I don't know how many seconds I got - but I guess there have been a few since that song needs a few seconds to get that mood. Re-runs ? Hopefully a lot - since this serial is very popular I guess this will pay me some money. Good to know - II could need it. - but still I have now idea what I have to expect. But it's cool anyway. Since I am already very popular as a online guitar teacher in the US - this will help me to get more and more fans and downloads for my official music. HP

rivercitymusic
Impressive
Impressive

Post by rivercitymusic » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:47 am

Dude, that's a really popular weekly series. Congrat's! That's amazing.Where do we hear it?Doc

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:23 am

Congrats!! This is really great!. Right now this placement is worth more than the money, it's something that you can put on your resume and promotional materials. I guarantee this will make people in the business take notice of you. Broadcast credits put you up a notch or two in their eyes. Don't take this lightly, this is a big step up in your career and you should take advantage of it right away.Way to go!!Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:47 am

HP,it's a great credit that's for sure, it's a pretty popular and high profile show that's part of an international phenomenon...This is a show that's usually rerun at least once on ABC, and given that it is in it's third season and ratings are still quite high there's a good chance it will make it into US syndication...it usually takes 100 episodes for that (I've had several placements in the show so I'm rooting for syndication as well ).How much it will pay exactly is just too hard to predict without knowing some of the details (mainly the duration, and whether a vocal or instrumental version was used).If you're with SUISA it will also take a considerable amount of time until you see the first royalties...Until then, display it proudly in your bio .Congrats!matto

hpcrazy

Post by hpcrazy » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:02 am

Hey guys,thanks for your feedbacks. In fact I have no idea what happens next, but I guess this is a great reference in the buisness now and I know with SUISA it takes around 2 years till I get my payment. I still wasn't able to see the show but is was an instrumental song where I own all rights - composer, producer, editor... GreetsHP