November MEMBER DEALS

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

taxidave
Active
Active

November MEMBER DEALS

Post by taxidave » Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:02 am

TAXI Member Deals 11/1/08 – 11/30/08The Bad Girls of TAXIIt’s that time of year again, and Santa Claus is checking his list twice to see who’s been naughty or nice. Well these “Bad Girls” of TAXI somehow made it on Santa’s nice list, and have landed a deal through TAXI with a highly successful Indie Label/Publisher. This CD being distributed by Universal Music Poland is entitled Bad Girls Don’t Cry and will feature such artists as Amy Winehouse, Duffy, Ayo, and the following artists/writers found through TAXI: Lisa RichardsAnjCasey DesmondFriederike SippElla JonesAlyse BlackPaulina LoganNadine LorenLiz ClarkNicole BoggsAmanda SomervilleFiawna Forte’Dave’s True StoryMooreaBlair Bielawski (Wisconsin)-We were recently notified that Blair’s Jazz compositions “One For The Gipper” and “Got Rhythm” will be used in the Dreamworks film called I Love You, Man, starring Jason Segel and Paul Rudd. This was a result of a forward through TAXI to a Music Publisher based in Arizona.Glenn Shambroom (Massachusetts)-Glenn’s Jazz Ballad “She Walked Away” was used in the November 20th episode of ABC’s hit show Ugly Betty as a result of a licensing deal he obtained with a highly successful Music Publisher through TAXI.Shelley Jacobson (Canada)-After a forward through TAXI to a leading Music Publisher/Library who focuses on TV placements, Shelley and her co-writer Skip Adams had their Blues/Rock Guitar Instrumental “Good At Getting Up” placed on the October 28th episode of CBS’s The Mentalist.“It's so nice to defy the odds and prove that you don't have to reside in a major hub to make things happen...not necessary...not when you have TAXI on your side. Thank you so much for everything.”“The Best Of Smooth Jazz Christmas” – 4 CD box set-As a result of forwards through TAXI to a successful Indie Label/Publisher, a few TAXI members have been included on a 4 CD box set that features well known Christmas songs arranged in their own sophisticated smooth jazz versions. The album will be distributed by Universal Music Poland. TAXI artists/writers that we are aware of that had at least one or more songs included on the album includes:TONIC Vintage VocalsBetsy Curtis feat. Loren WilkenCirce LinkJordan CritzFirst Take feat. Penni LayneRacquel RobertsNewschoolAlby Odum & Daniel’s WindowKen BattistaGregg De CastroRobert “Bubba” DeiomaQuartetteKathleen StreckerPaul FreitasMambo ZombiesDominick SerpicoRik PfenningerJohn Flukerand more…Elaine Macaluso (California)-A success story two weeks into your membership? Here’s how it happened for Elaine:After spending much time reading instructions and preparing herself for her TAXI membership, there wasn’t much Elaine could do to prepare for the TAXI Road Rally. While waiting patiently at the front of the line for Rally registration, Elaine was able to determine which mentor could give her the best feedback, and was the first to book the mentor of her choice. Once she got to sit down with her scheduled mentor (the Music Supervisor of a very popular daytime talk show), here’s what Elaine said went down:“I told him that he would probably think my song sucked. After he listened to it, he said ‘Yes that does suck. It sucks so much that I want 14 more.’All I can say is ‘Wow’ and ‘Thank you.’"Anj (New Jersey)-Anj recently signed a few deals as a result of connections through TAXI. She signed her entire catalog to an established Production Music Library/Publisher for placements on the CW network.-A few months later, she was contacted and signed by an Independent Label/Publisher, which resulted in her being featured on a compilation CD with Amy Winehouse, Duffy, Ayo, and distributed by Universal Music Poland.-Another one of her deals occurred as a result of attending the TAXI Road Rally, and playing a song during open mic. Here’s how Anj said it went down:“Then, on Friday night of the Rally, my life changed. I had the great honor of having a top executive from (the company that provides music for a extremely popular daytime talk show) come to see me perform at the open mic. After I performed "Bless America", he stood up and announced I would be signed to his company as their newest composer, and the crowd went nuts! I dropped into my seat with tears in my eyes, and felt gratitude swell in my heart. And I knew, I would be working 10x harder now than ever before (so much for my old beliefs of being able to sit back once getting a deal). And you know what? It makes me so happy because I love to work now. I really do.”Larry Van Fleet (Nebraska)-As a result of a forward through TAXI to an Indie Label in 2006, Larry was included on a tribute CD to Led Zeppelin called Get The Led Out. Similarly, Larry was included on a tribute CD to Jeff Beck of the Yardbirds called El Becko.Within this deal, Larry was also profiled in the Guitar Studio column of the December 2008 issue of Premier Guitar. Larry has been a TAXI member since 1995.David Flavin (Minnesota)-As a result of a few forwards through TAXI, David has signed with 3 established Music Publishers/Libraries (one based in Texas, one in California, and one in the U.K.)“Thanks to TAXI I am able to really start seeing some significant income through my music.”Billay Brooks (Ohio)-Tadjh Brooks (17 years old) signed his first deal with his co-writer and father, Billay Brooks, as a result of a forward through a TAXI Dispatch listing to a successful Production Music Library with tons of major network TV and feature film placements.Richard Bassett (Bermuda)-Richard recently made a connection with a Production Music Library who has interest in pitching his 3 Instrumentals for use on a TV Land show. This was a result of a forward through a Dispatch listing through TAXI.Martin Haene (Switzerland)-As a result of a forward through TAXI, Martin recently became a staff producer for an Independent Production Company/Record Label based in the UK, and has joined their team to produce a variety of Pop projects.Jean Custeau (Canada)-Jean’s female version of his French song “Deux Millions d’étoiles” was recently signed along with his vintage 1950’s rock song “Like You Never Loved Before” to a leading Music Publisher as a result of a forward through TAXI.Clarence Texada III (Texas)-Clarence recently reported that he has 14 of his Urban Instrumentals signed to a Music Production Library as a result of a forward through TAXI to a Dispatch listing request he originally made a connection with.Stan Pyrzanowski (New York)-Stan recently signed his songs “Find Your Groove,” “Sunshine Memory,” and “Better Man” to an LA based Music Licensing company as a result of a forward through TAXI.We are so proud of you guys! 2008 has been a crazy year, and we are extremely excited to see the amount of deals that have been mentioned this year! Your feedback & deal mentions are crucial to us, so please send them to: ');// -->deals@taxi.comThank you everyone, and Happy New Year! David LaidlawManager, Dispatch818-222-2464deals@taxi.com

suzdoyle
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: November MEMBER DEALS

Post by suzdoyle » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:35 pm

Congratulations, everyone! Well done!Suz