Our first deal also!!!! whoo hoo!!!!!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Our first deal also!!!! whoo hoo!!!!!

Post by tedsingingfox » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:01 pm

Uhm... Excuse me????Famous? Hardly. Matto, yes. Me? Get REAL.
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

che
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by che » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:09 pm

Ted,Here's the listing and instrumental. You are famous in cyberspace!!!!! and that's better than being famous no where, I guess Here's the listing:RADIO-READY, CURRENT-SOUNDING INSTRUMENTALS IN VARIOUS STYLES including Alt Rock/Modern-Hard Rock/Modern Pop/R&B/Hip Hop/Dance-Electronica/Singer-Songwriter are wanted by an extremely successful Production Music Library. This company has placements with ABC, CBS, NBC, WB, Disney, Discovery, Lifetime, Fox, USA, etc. - just to list a few of their successes. While there will be a series of listings for this company in the regular set, they’ve requested that we send them a sampler of current/contemporary Instrumentals NOW for several immediate opportunities. They cannot make use of any songs that have vocals, so please - ONLY INSTRUMENTALS! These tracks should have the feel of a radio-ready song, but with a lot of movement/dynamic shifts throughout. The company needs tracks that are continually building and changing, as opposed to static sections that repeat the same motive or pattern for 8 bars. There must be variation and momentum in order for us to send it on to them. They also want to be sure that these tracks sound convincing and authentic - no bad MIDI or thin instrumentation. Again, these tracks should sound as if they’re straight from today’s current/mainstream charts. As mentioned above, they have a need for a variety of styles. The bar is very high in terms of quality, but we can be lenient in terms of genre/stylistic approach - as long as the tone is very “today”. One very important specification - each song must have a distinct and natural ending. No fades or abrupt cuts - also, be sure your song does not exceed 4 minutes in length (but you should aim for 1-3min. for optimal use). These tracks must be recorded at Broadcast Quality and the performances need to be excellent. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received no later than Noon PST on Monday, October 6, 2008. TAXI #D081006TVThe song that was forwarded : SexyLibrarianhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=174502&stream=true

che
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by che » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:14 pm

Jeff,Thanks about the website. The poor thing needs updating soooooo badly. Most of the things up there are 6mo to a year or more old. We've haven't touched it since this summer when we had time. We are working on a backend page that will be a page that has all of our songs cataloged into categories etc..... should be ready after the holidays. That will help us shop our music a bit easier and keep better track of it. Very often my son will make something that just sits in the computer and no one knows about it.

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:23 pm

Tricia...That is SO frickin' cool... No wonder it's been picked up.But exactly HOW OLD is this son of yours, creating this hot, bump & grind piece about a "SexyLibrarian"???
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

che
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by che » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:25 pm

Cisko,Glad to hear that he was getting out and meeting people on his own. He has come a long way. He's still a bit too humble, I think (& he's been told so by some really experienced producers), but he's not shy at all about talking to people anymore. I'll keep an eye out for the PM

che
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by che » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:29 pm

LOL Ted you are crazy!!!! He is 17. I asked him about that title and he says he has no clue. He just names his tracks the first thing that pops in his head. He has one called Mow More Grass... bet you can guess what he had been told to do He has another one called Ozzy's Bat.... go figure.

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:39 pm

OH, much to my surprise, I really WANT to hear "Ozzy's Bat".And I'm NOT an Ozzy fan. I AM, however, a big fan of bats...Headless bats?...not so much.but BATS??? Absolutely.
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

che
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by che » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:09 pm

Ted,Here's Ozzy's Bathttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=1745 ... m=trueBATS???? yikes.. My puppy looks like a bat when she's upside down...if that counts :0

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:45 pm

Nov 21, 2008, 5:01pm, tedsingingfox wrote:Uhm... Excuse me????Famous? Hardly. Matto, yes. Me? Get REAL. Mr TedSingingSpiritFox, you are pretty famous 'round these parts, eh? CONGRATS C.H.E.!!!! That is SO cool!!!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

slideboardouts
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by slideboardouts » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:39 pm

CONGRATS!You totally deserve this!-Steve