Our first deal also!!!! whoo hoo!!!!!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Our first deal also!!!! whoo hoo!!!!!

Post by nomiyah » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:58 am

Congratulations!!! You all were like the Jackson Five at the Rally. May you have many more deals!!!!!!!Nomi

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:06 am

Congratulations to everyone involved. At 17 I thought I had hit the big time when the band I was in got hired to play a school dance at my own high school. Your deal is much better.

che
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by che » Sat Nov 22, 2008 4:38 pm

Vikki, Lydia & Liam THANKS!!!!!!Steve (slideboardouts)- Tadjh said he ended up running into you again and talking for awhile. Thanks!Rich - Thanks about the website. I almost forgot that introduction was on there :-0 I feel a bit guilty....need to update it. I am adding that to my to do list!Matto - We appreciate the compliment. We're trying!!!!!Nomi - LOL!!!!!!!!! I guess being like the Jackson 5 is a good thing up until they got a bit cooky. If we ever start getting cooky like that, you have permission to tell us about ourselves ....PLEASE!!!!Dave - If I even had a clue that I could actually hold a note at 17 I would have been thrilled. Didn't find out until mid 20's when out of desperation my husband needed a female background vocal and I was the only one there. Still only consider myself a studio singer and not a real singer who has a life long passion for singing. I can't even start to play an instrument. I admire all of you guys that can.THANKS THANKS THANKS

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:00 pm

Congrats!! Casey

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:20 am

Hey CHE!That's awesome news! Congratulations on the deal! I see you all did it up at the Rally (I saw the video)! Way ta' represent the "O". My dad is originally from there. Haven't been there for awhile, but always enjoyed myself when I went to visit relatives. You guys keep at it, and I wish you & yours all of the success!I-468

che
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by che » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:48 pm

Thanks Casey for the input!I-468 Thanks a lot! We're trying!!! I don't have much use for being here in the big "O" right now though. I HATE COLD.... one more time to make sure you got that....I HATE COLD!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure it's worse where you are up there in the "Chi". I think I would never go outside.

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:30 am

Oh, I got it alright! I hate it too, but I can handle it though. It's the snow that really gets me. Yeah, there are times when the streets are totally deserted. I think there are alot who have the same idea as you. I-468

dpenn
Impressive
Impressive

Post by dpenn » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:52 am

That's great news - congratz!!!!!!!!!!!!!Dave

bitingthebullett

Post by bitingthebullett » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:49 am

C.H.E.Congrats. I'm also waiting to hear back from those folks - In response tothat same listing. Were you surprised about the publishing %that company wants?

che
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by che » Tue Nov 25, 2008 3:19 pm

I-468 - Actually the snow doesn't really bother me so much....it's the frickin cold wind. I get chilled to the bone and it takes forever to warm up. If there's no wind I'm actually kind of ok.Thanks Dave!Biting.... Thanks. We weren't really suprised about the publishing. Our thought is that they are re-titled and are non-exclusive so what the heck. If they are doing the work to get it placed I don't have a problem with them getting the publishing. I like that we still have the right to use it and get our own publishing if we do. Good luck Tricia