First Taxi Deal

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

First Taxi Deal

Post by allends » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:08 am

Hi Friends,This news is actually a month old now. I was thinking I'd wait to share my happiness until I had contracts in hand but what the heck! Whether pending or final, it's a milestone and it feels newsworthy to me. One of my sitar songs has been forwarded to the same library a couple of times but I finally got a bite from them several weeks ago. <Yay!> I've been a Taxi member for a couple of years now but since my sitar music is rather specialized and I haven't been prolific I can't say that I'm surprised that it took this long to hear back from someone. For all of you forum members who haven't yet been contacted after a forward, I'm here to tell ya that it is the most awesome feeling! Just you wait... when it happens to you: you'll be flying above the clouds for days & days! If you're new here, you probably don't remember the days when I bombarded the boards with my tunes. Just for fun, I'll post a link to my goofy YouTube version. Thanks for joining me in the celebration!Mixed Raga - SitarS080208WOA range of great WORLD MUSIC INSTRUMENTALS (no vocals) are needed by a U.K.-based Music Library/Publishing Co. for TV placement. This company ran numerous TAXI listings in 2006 (and signed many TAXI songs) and is now in need of more great material, as their service has become very much in demand. Style-wise, they are open to any style that falls under "World Music." They don't want tracks that sound like they were obviously MIDI generated - authenticity and great performances are the keys. Both instrumentals with lead melody lines and basic backing tracks that serve as "soundbeds" are OK - they want both. All tempos are OK. Track length should be in the 1:00 - 3:00 range. At this point they work mostly with prominent U.K. TV channels such as the BBC and ITV, but also supply music to other production companies that broadcast worldwide. They offer non-exclusive, 50/50 deals. PLEASE NOTE: If you've submitted to the following listings, please do not submit to this one: D071024CB (Caribbean) / D071025ID (Indian) / S071213CT (Celtic/Irish) / S071219AF (African). Broadcast quality needed [great sounding home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Feb. 8, 2008. TAXI # S080208WO

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: First Taxi Deal

Post by davewalton » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:19 am

Hey Allen,Your authentic music is inspiring to me as one who has dabbled in "pseudo" ethnic music. A guy we haven't seen on the forum in a while had a great run of success with Irish music. There's a niche for what you're doing and you do it so well.Congratulations! Dave

davekershaw
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davekershaw » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:36 am

That's great news Allen,BUT - No more than you deserve!!

byllsong
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by byllsong » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:54 am

Congrats AllenI'll check out the video when I get home.Billy
Billy

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crs7string » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:55 am

Allen,Congratulations on the DEAL!!!May this be the first of many and a good kick in the seat of your pants!!!Nothing like a deal to get one motivated and focused. TAXI works. Chuck(another pseudo world music guy)
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:53 am

Way to go Allen!! Your music should be out there in the world so go write some more!! Nothing like a deal to get the wheels turning!!Congrats!!!Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:24 pm

Totally awesome, Allen And so well deserved

jeffgreenleaf
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jeffgreenleaf » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:33 pm

Wow! Great news Allen! HUGE congrats!

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:39 pm

wooHOO!!!Way to Go, All ends!!!!!Man, ain't it the truth?!?! I bet you'll have 15-20 new tunes ready to go in the next week, huh?NOTHING motivates successful people like success.(HUH? Nice try, Ted... I should leave the attempts at profound statements to others. )Great news, in any case.
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

byllsong
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by byllsong » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:10 pm

WoW!I think your 'goofy' video was great man.I enjoyed it. Nice playing.Billy
Billy