I am Successful!!!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

icgreen

I am Successful!!!

Post by icgreen » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:46 pm

Not for any other reason than the fact that i've submitted, been critiqued, and been fwded. I've always looked at someone liking my songs as success. So when the reviewers gave it a thumbs up 3 out of the 4 times i've submitted, I began celebrating my success!! I've had many successes in my career and i appreciate them all the same. From getting songs placed on artists like: Whitney Houston (wrote the 1st single off the Just Whitney album "One Of those Days" & "Dear John Letter") Akon (Konvicted album Produced "The Rain") and many others. All those felt great but as of right now, this very moment, November 2nd, I'm celebrating the success of being the Featured Artist of the Month on taximusic.com!!! I'll See you all at the rally and if i'm smiling or seem up beat, it's cuz I am Successful!!!Dwight "Skrapp" Reynoldsaka I.C. Greenwww.cdbaby.com/cd/icgreenwww.myspace.com/icgreen1www.icgreenonline.comalso album available @itunes, rhapsody, amazon, and many other online stores

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: I am Successful!!!

Post by mazz » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:50 pm

Congrats on your continued success!!! Awesome!!See you at the Rally. I'll look for the guy with the permanent smile!!!!Cheers!Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:14 pm

Nov 2, 2008, 4:46pm, icgreen wrote:I'll See you all at the rally and if i'm smiling or seem up beat, it's cuz I am Successful!!!Wow ICG, I'm gonna ask every smiling dude if he's you!Thanks for sharing the emotion. I feel pumped!Congrats,Allen

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:06 pm

Nov 2, 2008, 4:46pm, icgreen wrote:Not for any other reason than the fact that i've submitted, been critiqued, and been fwded. I've always looked at someone liking my songs as success. So when the reviewers gave it a thumbs up 3 out of the 4 times i've submitted, I began celebrating my success!! I've had many successes in my career and i appreciate them all the same. From getting songs placed on artists like: Whitney Houston (wrote the 1st single off the Just Whitney album "One Of those Days" & "Dear John Letter") Akon (Konvicted album Produced "The Rain") and many others. All those felt great but as of right now, this very moment, November 2nd, I'm celebrating the success of being the Featured Artist of the Month on taximusic.com!!! I'll See you all at the rally and if i'm smiling or seem up beat, it's cuz I am Successful!!!Dwight "Skrapp" Reynoldsaka I.C. Greenwww.cdbaby.com/cd/icgreenwww.myspace.com/icgreen1www.icgreenonline.comalso album available @itunes, rhapsody, amazon, and many other online storesIf you're still getting royalties from the WH thing... you're buying. Otherwise we'll sponge off of Mazz and some of his new royalties. Being "down" at a Rally is impossible. Although I did experience a lady at the 2006 Rally who had set up her Koto in the hallway somewhere and was PISSED that nobody was stopping to listen to her. She started bending my ear about how crappy the whole Taxi thing was... I just looked at her and said "Lady, you're crazy" and walked away. Anyway, wear your "dot" or look for anyone else wearing a "dot"...http://taxi.proboards27.com/index.cgi?b ... atulations on the great stuff pre-Taxi and my best wishes for continued success with Taxi. Dave

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:13 pm

hey dwightcongrats on all of your placements - I won't be at the rally this year, unfortunately. well, hope to see you in 2009 martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:51 am

Cool post, Dwight See you at the Rally!

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ragani » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:11 am

Hey Skrapp!That's a great post of yours! What an upper-- and you've obviously got some super tracks too. Congrats on the TAXI feature, but most of all congrats on all the great successes in your career! Your success stories are just over-the-top for an unsigned artist!! I'm going to keep celebrating with along with you!! I see you also were scheduled to perform your track "Touch The Sky" at the Democratic National Convention in Denver this August 25-26th-- that is sooooo way cool. Touching the Sky indeed! I'm going to reserve my seat next to you at the Rally, heh heh, so I can soak up all those great and glowing success vibes of yours!! See you soon!! Raags
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it..." - Goethe
http://www.RaganiWorld.com - Turn the World to Love®
http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=ragani

icgreen

Post by icgreen » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:25 pm

Absolutely!!! Lets have a great time this weekend in the name of GOOD MUSIC!! i'm excited!!! (can u tell? lol)

dommydom
Impressive
Impressive

Post by dommydom » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:21 pm

wow dwight. you are awesome! listening to your myspace songs now... sounds awesome man. sweet jacket too

anthony34
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by anthony34 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:05 pm

Hi Skrapp, Great music. I think you'd have good music in any era, 'cos you've got a good sense of party. As they've said, it's funny you're unsigned. Everything seems to be there. Lyrics, melody, arrangements and engineering. Still, keep an ear on the latest kids, 'cos it's still moving on! Good luck with all your music. Michael.
MICHAEL W. (Australia)