Any US Top 20 Cuts Ever thru taxi?

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

slideboardouts
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Any US Top 20 Cuts Ever thru taxi?

Post by slideboardouts » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:24 pm

Nov 17, 2008, 7:37pm, dannyboybell wrote:Yes I had the same idea about monitoring a bit to see how many of the opportunities would be of interest but the history of successful cuts in our genre could be quite telling also and if the success rate seems low through Taxi-history in my area then maybe it's not worth while for me. We'll see. You have to keep in mind that TAXI isn't like a management company or anything...they just provide an opportunity to be heard by the right people and to get better at writing music. If there aren't many TAXI success stories in a particular genre, it's likely that there are fewer members who specialize in that genre. The genre that you said you are most interested in is the same genre that I do best, and there are definitely some great opportunities . Not too long ago there were a couple of listings where the actual producer of a major label artist came in and screened the submissions himself. Can't get a better opportunity than that -Steve

dannyboybell

Post by dannyboybell » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:59 am

Thank you, sounds promising Hopefully that wasn't a one time event.And speaking of management, any ideas on high class song-pitching managers/managements are also appreciated...although this might not be the right thread for it, apologies in that case.

orest
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by orest » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:36 pm

I think if you are good enough, the chances will increase with Taxi! If you want to be a composer and not an artist, but if you are an artist you can increase you chances with Taxi as well. I don't know any other way. The one thing I do know is that you have to work hard to succeed. I'm working on some songs that hopefully will be forwarded in the future in the pop/r'n'b genre.