Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

llama
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Shopping

Post by llama » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:06 pm

t4mh wrote:
billg1 wrote: (then to my wife in her paycheck, which I spend on beer, which creates more tax revenue!)
Its nice to know exactly whats in the supply chain !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keith
I'm sure with the drinking of beer and the need for frequent bathroom visits there must a joke in there about "the trickle down economy"...Dunno...Just saying.

Hey Juliette....Don't forget our very own Grandmas music here in NM. They do ship and they have bet any price that I found on the internet...and they're great people too...

Derek.

hazineju
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by hazineju » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:58 pm

llama wrote: Hey Juliette....Don't forget our very own Grandmas music here in NM. They do ship and they have bet any price that I found on the internet...and they're great people too...
I've been in there a couple times. They are super nice people!

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions! :D
We've got a great list here!

hazineju
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by hazineju » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:06 pm

billg1 wrote: I hate GC but have one 15 min. from my house.
Yeah, Guitar Center is always an option, as is Sam Ash. I've had some luck bargaining at Sam Ash before, even got a free guitar once! I think I got really lucky that time though.

69framus

Post by 69framus » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:34 pm

I've found that some local dealers (GC is one) will price-match the online (no shipping / no tax) prices so you can still buy locally, save money, pay sales tax revenue, AND, if the item is not stocked, wait for UPS delivery in 2-8 days.
billg1 wrote:I've alway purchased most of my gear online. Lately, with the economy being so bad, I've decided to start purchasing everything locally. So many people are unemployed that the local/state tax revenues are waaay down & everyday it seems there's talk of more potential job cuts. My wife is a teacher & it finally dawned on me that circumventing sales taxes (which contribute to her salary) by purchasing online is contributing to the problem.

I don't wanna get on a my soapbox, but if you live in an area that bypasses sales taxes for online purchases you might wanna consider purchasing locally. I hate GC but have one 15 min. from my house. They can order anything and the sales tax goes back into the community (then to my wife in her paycheck, which I spend on beer, which creates more tax revenue!)