July MEMBER DEALS

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

taxidave
Active
Active

July MEMBER DEALS

Post by taxidave » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:16 pm

Member Deals 7/1/2008 - 7/31/2008:Suzannah D. (Oregon)-Suzannah recently reported 18 different placements as a result of a forward through TAXI to an Online Music Licensing company that supplies music to film, TV, video game, corporate, Internet, and DVD projects. Here are a few placements that Suzannah reported:* LEGOLAND licensed Suz's "Merry Go Round" song to use for a year with a display of a Lego Carousel and Ferris Wheel at LegoLand in California.* Sins of Commission, a movie to be release globally Jan 11, 2009 licensed 2 of Suz's songs for use in the film.* Out-Takes From Vietnam, a non-profit museum educational documentary used Suz's song "Gone Too Soon."* Racing Hall of Fame, a March 2008 documentary about inductees into the New Zealand Racing Hall of Fame used Suz's cinematic scoring song "Reconciliation."* Joe's Winchester, a documentary on "Joe Bageant's Winchester, Virginia" for Italian-speaking branch of Swiss Public Broadcasting, used Suz's recording of "Amazing Grace."* The Lang Company's licensed Suz's version of "Carol of the Bells" and her song "Looney Toonies" for use in sound chip greeting cards.* Dr. Tabor's Diet infomercial licensed Suz's song "Complicated Sweetness” for use in 2008.* Inner Circle Rum used Suz's “Merry Go Round” song for their web site game at www.notmadeforyou.com.au.* Public Broadcasting licensed Suz's version of "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" for use in a PBS documentary about the Chinese National Baseball Team, scheduled for release Aug. 14, 2008.* Hope = Esperanza, a Hope On Wheels Project is using 3 of Suz's Spanish Children's songs (Cuente Los Numeros, De Colores, and Que Cantan Feliz) for a CD project highlighting Pediatric Cancer Awareness.* Puroclean TV Commercial, Albany NY used Suz's “Silent Movie Suspense Chords.”* The U.S. Air Force used Suz's 1960s Game Show Theme song in their study software for Air Force personnel.* The Cutting Corporation used Suz's "Femme Fatale Theme" as scoring for an Audiobook they released.* The Grand Hotel Commercial (France) used Suz's Game Show Theme 2 in their national TV commercial.* Starblast Media used Suz's song "Scottish Highlands" in their DVD entitled "Highlands," released August 2007.* Suz’s songs “Toon Town Rag” and “Autumn Waltz” was licensed and used in the TV show Sit and Be Fit.* Rook Communications licensed Suz's song "Looney Toonies" for use in their film project Stronghold: In the Grip of Wrestling, due out in 2008.* Richter7 Production Company licensed Suz's song "Tinkly Fairy Walking Music" for use on their BD Infusion Nurses Day Storybook Web site.Jason B. (Florida)-After signing a publishing deal with a Production Music Library/Publisher back in 2000 through TAXI, Jason recently notified us that he received placements on Dateline NBC, HBO Specials, XM Radio, and usage with AOL.CJ B. (Colorado)-CJ recently notified us that he had his Big Beat/Jazz song “On A Mission” placed in the German TV Movie project called Half A Life (Ein Halbes Leben) due to a forward to a European Publisher through TAXI Dispatch. He heard back from the company 2 months after he was forwarded, and he also found out that it will air on a Prime Time Network.Peter K. (Austria)-After signing 7 songs with a very successful LA-based Music Publisher through TAXI, Peter recently reported to us that his song “Plan C” was featured on the ABC Family TV series, Kyle XY - episode: Does Kyle Dream of Electric Fish.Paul L. (United Kingdom)-Paul recently notified us that through an International Management/Publishing/Production company that has tons of hits and cuts, he had his song placed on the TV series High School Reunion. -Through the same company, Paul also had his song cut on a major artists album with Universal in Germany. This was a result of a forward through TAXI almost two years ago!“I have to say that the critiques provided by Taxi have really helped with honing and improving my songwriting and production technique...so thanks for that also.”Darwin Deez (New York)-TAXI Artist Darwin Deez recently signed a licensing deal with a prominent Independent Music Publisher who primarily licenses Indie artists for Film/TV/commercial projects. This was a result of a direct connection through TAXI.Ron G. (Massachusetts)-It was recently reported that Ron was included on an upcoming compilation CD to be released via Warner Europe. This was a result of a forward he received over three years ago through TAXI to an Austrian Production Company with Major Distribution.Kelly G. (New York)-While attending the TAXI Road Rally convention last year, Kelly was able to form a great relationship with a company that focuses on Retail and Radio Promotions for bands and artists. She now has a very useful promoter of her new album.“The Road Rally has thrown so many doors open for me and for that I'm grateful.”Harry K. (New Jersey)-Harry and his band recently wrapped up a deal for their song “Merry Friggin’ Xmas” which was signed with an LA-based Online Music Licensing Company. Shortly after this, Harry sent them more material, which the company ended up signing all 31 songs under their two CD’s “A Dreaded Xmas - More Xmas Negatives” (funny/edgy Xmas songs) and “The Ghosts of Christmas Past” (Instrumental Christmas Carols). This was the result of a forward through a TAXI Dispatch request.Bobby B. (New York)-Bobby’s Jazz/Pop songs “What’s Your Story?” and “So What?” was included on a Smooth Jazz compilation CD released in Europe as a result of a forward to an Independent Label through TAXI. The owner of the label also plans to distribute Bobby’s debut album throughout much of Europe.John M. (California)-John’s Romantic Instrumental “Valley of Stars” was recently signed by the owner of a Texas based Music Publisher/Production Library who mainly focuses on placing music in film/TV/commercial projects. This was a result of a forward through a TAXI listing request.Ted F. (New Mexico)-After the first deal that he signed with a high-profile Music Publisher/Library through TAXI, Ted sent more material to them per their request and had another A Capella Doo Wop song signed.“Speaking only for myself, TAXI is the single smartest thing I've ever done for my career, and I am FOREVER grateful.I guess that would make me...The Grateful Ted ”Tracey L. (New Jersey)-As a direct result of a forward through TAXI, Tracey recently signed with a very successful Music Publishing/Licensing company that specializes in Film/TV placements.Georgina S. (United Kingdom)- U.K. composer/arranger Georgina G. recently signed a deal with an LA-based Publisher/Library that specializes in film/TV placements. This was a result of her Instrumental pieces being forwarded through TAXI.Sean H. (Australia)-Sean recently connected with the Owner of a new Music Library as a result of his Action/Drama Instrumentals being forwarded through TAXI. Sean heard back from the company about 9 months after he was forwarded.Michael M. (New York)*Although this wasn’t a deal, it’s still a cool story.- “I wanted to say thank you to you and to Taxi for forwarding our jingles to CBS. This was my first forward after being a Taxi member for a little more than a year. After our last email CBS called me and setup an interview. We then were invited to the semi-finals in California. It was an experience like no other! The cast and crew for the show "Jingles" were all terrific. They paid for our airline tickets, shuttle rides, food, and hotel stay while we were there trying to get onto the show. While I am not allowed to discuss details about the show (how they eliminated teams and who is on the show) I can only say that it was amazing who we met and how far we've gotten. We made it to the very last round of the finals and then were told we were not going to be on the show. However, we are probably going to be on t.v. getting "the boot." haha. Either way it was a great experience. My teammate James S. and I wanted to thank you and Taxi again, for without you, this incredible experience would never have came to be. I now believe the power of being a Taxi member. Thanks again,” Michael M.TAXI MemberInteresting stuff for the month of July! We never grow tired of hearing your deal shout outs! Be sure to send your deal mentions to: deals@taxi.com~DavidManager, DispatchTAXI818-222-2464david@taxi.com