got signed

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: got signed

Post by gitarrero » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:04 am

congrats! that's a great motivation for sure...
production, composition & stringed instruments

gburgess
Impressive
Impressive

Post by gburgess » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:33 am

Very cool. Keep the string going!

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:04 pm

Jul 29, 2008, 1:21pm, clucky69 wrote:its ya boy lil c here an i jus had to brag for a minute. On my FIRST ALBUM, one of the FIRST RECORDED SONGS, on my FIRST SUBMISSION, I GOT SIGNED!!!!!!!!!!! It can happen to anyone thanks TaxiYou go ahead and brag. Failure is so common in the music industry, it's always inspiring to hear about success. Do you have a link we could hear?Nomi

gerrel
Active
Active

Post by gerrel » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:09 pm

Thats good. I've been with taxi for over three years now and been rejected EVERY SINGLE TIME. Its always SOMETHING wrong with SOMETHING:Too much reverb, vocals arent stronge enough or verses not good enough,not current for this listening,instrumentation not good,or how about this one:on point for this listening but not markatable enough(that one nocked me out? Its seems I would have to change everything! I am at the point now that Im afraid to submit songs. Now I have invested in my own studio and took charge and did my own songs(you can hear them now if you look me up on the taxi site)and people are amazed by the "JUMP" or the "EVOLUTION" I have made scince my last songs. What they dont realize is now I have my own HOme Based Studio and everything is done EXACTLY the way I want it! So its good to hear that someone is getting deals on the first try! I just think the universe dealt me a harder hand!Ger-rel: mountainofheaven@aol.com

vicky
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by vicky » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:14 am

Great!!!!!Congrats!!best of luck,vtbp

weslong
Impressive
Impressive

Post by weslong » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:39 pm

That's WAY cool! What a feeling that must be right now! Keep it up! Let that postivie energy turn into more great tunes and forwards!

djdeweese
Impressive
Impressive

Post by djdeweese » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:37 pm

Congrats!! You sure beat the odds on that one. I did a poll here on the forum a while back and it looked like most people get a contact about 5% of the time they are forwarded (one in twenty), so you are doing great! Maybe you should buy a lottery ticket while you're on a hot streak.