6 song deal !

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mikegoudreau
Impressive
Impressive

6 song deal !

Post by mikegoudreau » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:03 am

Hello friends,Just got the contract for 6 original instrumental songs from a library in the U.K. This was after I sent them 6 tunes after a forward from Taxi a while back....They took the 6 songs I submitted and want more ! Here's 4 of them: Forgivenhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=116824&stream=1Tell Me Baby http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... m=1Wolfman Blueshttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=116821&stream=1Bossa For Nathttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=90004&stream=1Pretty nice getting these signed today since I had 4 disappointing Xmas returns..I'll focus on the positive. MG

djdeweese
Impressive
Impressive

Re: 6 song deal !

Post by djdeweese » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:15 am

Nice work! And that cup is certainly more than half full -- gotta love getting six songs placed, plus the possibility of more! Now the library needs to get to work so you can get paid Congratulations.

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:45 pm

Lord have mercy, Mike!!!Although I mean this as a joke, somebody needs to tell you how exhausting it's getting for the rest of us, having to congratulate you over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...again. You are an inspiration.Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

vicky
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by vicky » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:31 pm

you're killin' me....... great playing!are most of these deals non-exclusive?...just curious...vtbp

mikegoudreau
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mikegoudreau » Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:44 am

Thanks Ted and Vicky !Vicky here's the lowdown : out of the 60 deals so far, all are non-exclusive except 12 exclusive ones. Alot of the songs signed were recorded in the past 10 years ( I've produced 8 albums on my own )...Most of them Blues and 2 traditional jazz and 1 Xmas. And I've transformed alot of these into instrumentals since most of them are vocal songs...I call it: ''song recycling''.( if that's a word ?...If not it'll give you a laugh at the expense of this French Canadian )I've written about 2 songs per month since the last year in every style that I'm suited for...Blues/Jazz, Country, Folk, French Cabaret and recently some Classic Rock covers...These are for specific listings at Taxi...So I'm working my butt off ! And loving every minute of it ...This is besides working on producing my good friend and studio partner Jean Custeau's ( bleu ciel ) music.My wife told me to lay off posting this stuff a bit since people will tire of hearing from me...She's usually right about most things So I'll listen...After 16 years together I've learned to listen Take care !MG

jeffgreenleaf
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jeffgreenleaf » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:50 am

yeah mike! keep doing what you're doing (and keeping us posted)!

vicky
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by vicky » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:05 am

Quote:My wife told me to lay off posting this stuff a bit since people will tire of hearing from me...She's usually right about most things So I'll listen...After 16 years together I've learned to listen Mike...keep posting....I'm not tired of hearing your success....it only makes me believe in Taxi, more......especially, because it's through Taxi....The amount of material you have up and running is inspiring.....I think you have more deals than I have songs... keep posting....vtbp

ethnopot

Post by ethnopot » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:40 pm

6 songs in on go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic! Have you rewarded yourself 6 times? Go ahead ...you deserve it! In my terminology that is "Hairy animal" stuff (hairy animal is cool )Ethnopot
If you don't correct your direction you are most likely going to end up where you're heading!

linziellen
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by linziellen » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:20 am

Excellent! Congratulations..."So I'm working my butt off ! And loving every minute of it" Good for you and just look what you get for it!!!Personally seeing posts like yours are a massive help, it's all the evidence I need that TAXI does work and to keep me going. Thanks Lindsey

cyndy
Impressive
Impressive

Post by cyndy » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:00 am

Mike,Noticed something special about all of your songs. Not only do they possess your incredible talent, but each one of them has something that a lot of music just doesn't have....Each one of them has "life" .... Each one of them has "soul."And that only comes from the person who put that into them. So those songs say an amazing thing about you.Thank you so much for sharing your victory with us.