April MEMBER DEALS

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

taxidave
Active
Active

April MEMBER DEALS

Post by taxidave » Fri May 02, 2008 10:06 am

It's that time again! Here are the TAXI member deals for the month of April:Member Deals 4/1/2008 – 4/30/2008Stephen B. (Florida)- As a direct result of a TAXI forward, Stephen was hired as a staff composer on a very popular daytime talk show to produce Urban Instrumentals. And as an active member on the TAXI forum, Stephen collaborated with another TAXI member on some Hip-Hop tracks. They ended up signing two songs with a publisher, and the publisher requested several more songs. Here’s what Stephen had to say: “What a great investment your company has been! I will definitely be renewing! You guys are changing my life one listing at a time! THANK YOU TAXI!!!!!!”James H. (Texas)- James recently received a phone call from the Director of an Independent Film company and the director ended up licensing James’ songs “We Stay The Same,” “Today’s The Day,” and two others he wrote specifically for the film. The songs were placed in the Indie Film Graduation, which is scheduled to release in early May 2008. This is a direct result of a forward through TAXI.James H. (Texas)- After a forward through TAXI, James was able to make a direct connection with a very successful L.A. based Music Publisher that placed many of his songs, including: **His song “We Stay the Same” placed in episodes 313 & 315 of the CBS show Ghost Whisperer staring Jay Mohr and Jennifer Love Hewitt.**His song “We Stay the Same” placed in episode 107 of the ABC show Eli Stone.**His song “Get Excited” placed in the opening credits of the film Sydney White staring Amanda Bynes.**His song “Get Excited” placed in the October 9th, 2007 episode of the CW show Reaper.**His song “Today’s the Day” placed in episode 211 of the ABC Family show Kyle XY.**His song “Bow and Scrape” placed in episode 214 of the ABC Family show Kyle XY.**His song “Life’s a Holiday” placed in episode 216 of the ABC Family show Kyle XY.**His song “Just Like Everyone” placed in the October 19th, 2007 episode of the CBS show Moonlight.Damn! You go James!Chuck H. (California)- After a forward through TAXI, Chuck was recently informed by the Music Supervisor of the top rated daytime talk show that he was chosen to compose music for the show.Chuck H. (California)- Once Chuck’s Electronica song was forwarded through TAXI, he made the connection with an L.A. based Music Publisher. Two (possibly three) of Chuck’s songs will be included on their Electro CD project being pitched for Film/TV placements and movie trailers.Chuck H. (California)- We received an update from Chuck informing us that his connection with an Independent Record Label that has major distribution for a CD Box Set that will be released in Europe. Chuck has 6 tracks signed with them so far, and there are plans to include his songs on the most recent Sony/BMG compilation CD. Chuck has previously had songs placed on 2 smooth Jazz comp CD’s, 2 Classical comp CD’s, and a Salsa comp CD, all being released in Europe. All as a direct result of a connection through TAXI.Darrin F. (Maryland)- As a direct result of TAXI, Darrin’s song “Dreaming In Colored Waters” was chosen to be placed in an upcoming MTV series.Darrin F. (Maryland)- Darrin was recently informed by the Music Supervisor of a wildly popular daytime talk show that he has been hired as a staff composer for the show. All as a result of a connection through TAXI.Benjamin Z. (Austria)- As a direct result from TAXI, Benjamin had his song “Woman 77” licensed and placed in televised College Sports Games around the U.S. The best part about this deal is that he will receive on screen credits while his song plays. A nice added bonus to the royalties!Vikki F. (Canada)- Vikki recently co-wrote a Contemporary Jazz Ballad called “If You Were Lying Here” with another TAXI member, which they eventually got signed to an L.A. based Music Library as a result of a forward a year ago through TAXI. “I am working on a couple of other collabs as well. Just another thing a TAXI membership has brought me - relationships with very talented musicians & producers.”Vikki F. (Canada)- After Vikki’s songs were forwarded through TAXI, she made a great connection, which resulted in her signing 3 songs to a West Coast Music Publisher who will pitch to film/TV/media projects. The songs she signed were: a contemporary comedy song “Handy Man,” an orchestral action/thriller track “Time To Run,” and a techno/world beat action song “Mint Chutney.”Athena B. (California)- After her connection with an Independent Label from the 2006 TAXI Road Rally, Athena is still benefiting from multiple placements, including the most recent placement in season one of the NBC show Life. Here’s what Athena had to say: “I think there are a lot of amazing opportunities for TAXI members who attend the Road Rally. It's definitely worth going. Not just for the panels and to meet industry people but to meet other songwriters. I've collaborated with various TAXI members who are truly amazing writers. Some just starting out and others that are seasoned. I learn from all of them and it makes me a better writer. ”Athena B. (California)- Through the connection Athena made at the TAXI Road Rally, she mentions the Independent Label she’s signed with had her song “Are You Listening” playing in movie theaters across the U.S. during commercials/ads. Athena also adds “A couple of months ago I got a call from ******* asking if I'd be interested in doing a ‘work for hire.’ They said they liked my songwriting and hired me as an independent contractor to write 3 songs for a CD they distribute worldwide.”Stephen R. (New York)- Stephen recently received a royalty check for inclusion of his song “Mama’s Place” which was placed in the movie “The Yellow Handkerchief” starring William Hurt and Maria Bello. The film is scheduled to be released late May, so keep an eye out for this one! All as a result of a publishing deal he signed two years ago, which he got through TAXI.Franki L. (California)- As a direct result of her TAXI membership, Franki has signed a worldwide digital distribution deal, which will be distributed to 400 sites! This is through an Independent Music Distributor with Major Distribution affiliation. The deal begins as a 90-day digital distribution deal, with exclusivity. If Franki sells 500+ units within that period, this company offers full retail & general distribution in North America - in stores such as Best Buy, Walmart, Kmart, Target, etc. We wish Franki the best on her CD sales!Victor D. (California)- As a direct result of a forward through TAXI, Victor was contacted six months later by the Music Supervisor of a Documentary Film. The documentary film was based on the U.S.S. Forestal Disaster. Two years later, Victor was notified that the documentary was finished and ready to air! Victor’s song was also released on the DVD and CD soundtrack.Melissa B. (Georgia)- Melissa and her songwriting partner recently signed five songs with a Music Publisher who’s had tons of Film/TV placements. After this connection through TAXI, the company requested to sign four more of their songs once they were finished being mixed. Here’s what Melissa had to say: “Thanks so much for doing what you do! This would not have happened without you guys! Really love the critiques. They have cemented some of the thoughts we have about particular songs & have made us listen to our songs with the returned critiques in mind. The insights you have on songwriting & the business are invaluable. Love ya!!!”Denny E. (Montana)- As a result of a forward 3 years ago through a TAXI Dispatch listing request, Denny has signed 50 songs with an Independent Label that specializes in Film/TV placements. This label has recently released his catalog of Vol’s 1,2, and 3 on iTunes and other e-commerce sites. Denny also mentions that a U.K. based Music Publisher that he was forwarded to originally in 1996 recently released his CD called “Delta Blues” which is now on iTunes and eMusic.Danny I. (North Carolina)- Danny recently signed three A Cappella Christmas carols ("Deck the Halls", "Jingle Bells", and "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"); Burl Ives style version of "Up On the Housetop"; three Civil War era fife and drum pieces ("Dixie", "When Johnny Comes Marching Home", and "Battle Cry Of Freedom"); a hymn tune ("Simple Gifts" on classical guitar and flute); two Medieval pieces on recorders and percussion; and two Renaissance dances featuring recorder(s) and harpsichord. These were all signed to an L.A. based Music Publisher as a direct result of TAXI.Danny I. (North Carolina)- As a direct result of a forward through TAXI, Danny signed several solo Classical guitar pieces, including three originals, and several Christmas carols arranged for classical guitar, flute and oboe ("Jesu, Joy Of Man's Desiring", "Jingle Bells", "O Christmas Tree", and "What Child Is This").Ted F. (New Mexico)- Through TAXI, Ted recently contacted his Publisher/Library he was already connected with, and they signed another one of his songs entitled “Mountain Train.” Ted goes on to say: “Thank you, TAXI. This company and the amazing people on these boards have proven to be the best education about music creation and production AND about the music BIZ, itself, I could've ever hoped for. This additional song-signing could not possibly have come to pass without you.”Keith L. (New Jersey)- As a direct result of TAXI, Keith signed 15 songs (5 Pop, 5 Funk, 5 Kid songs) to the Owner of a Production Music Library.Peter W. (New York)- Peter was recently informed by the Music Supervisor of the top rated daytime talk show that he was chosen to be a staff composer for the show. This was a direct connection from a forward through TAXI.Charles S. (Tennessee)- Once Chuck was forwarded by TAXI, he made the connection with a Texas based Publisher that specializes in Film/TV placements. Chuck then sent 14 tracks to this Publisher, and they signed all 14 of them.Hanspeter K. (Switzerland)- After Hanspeter’s song was forwarded by TAXI, he got his songs “Trance Energy,” “In Touch With God,” and “September In Lissabon” signed with a leading Music Publisher.Hanspeter K. (Switzerland)- Hanspeter recently had his song “Dreaming” picked up by a Publisher that specializes in Film/TV placement. After this connection through TAXI, Hanspeter established a relationship with this Publisher and they requested more music from him. Here’s what Han’s had to say: “My main style is New Age and Electronica where I worked out a specific style over the years which now seems to work out since I started to look for contracts through TAXI. I just wanted to thank TAXI for offering this service. This finally gives me the possibility to get my creative work in a very good direction and I get possibilities I never thought that this might be possible. I think this was one of the best decision I made in my music career to join taxi and to start pitching my music.”Robert C. (Ohio)- Robert signed a 5-year exclusive publishing deal with an East Coast Music Publisher after his Hip-hop instrumental “Plenty Riches” was forwarded by TAXI. Robert’s instrumental will be pitched for TV shows such as America’s Most Wanted, and possible film placements.Matt H. (California)- As a direct result of TAXI forwards and relationships, Matt had several placements on CNN shows including Anderson Cooper 360, Classroom Edition, and Special Investigation Unit.Matt H. (California)- Matt recently informed us that he received a placement on the Bravo program The Kathy Griffin Show due to a TAXI connection.Matt H. (California)- Matt had a featured placement on the CW show Everybody Hates Chris after a forward through TAXI.Matt H. (California)- Matt had two of his songs placed in a syndicated show 700 Club. Yet another TAXI placement for Matt!Mike G. (Canada)- After Mike was forwarded by TAXI, Mike made the connection with this U.K. based Publisher and sent them a few more instrumentals. All 6 of his instrumentals that he sent were signed! These included songs in the style of Country, Blues, Bossa Nova, Rock, and Acoustic Ballads. Here’s what Mike had to say: “Pretty amazing to me...Never thought I'd be making this many deals with my music and with companies from L.A. to Texas to U.K. ...Thanks everybody at TAXI for giving this 42 year old musician some inspiration and energy to write/produce more music than ever...Not to mention the possibility of making some extra money from placements...”Jean C. (Canada)- Jean was forwarded by TAXI to a U.K.-based Music Publishing company that pitches to Film/TV projects. As a result of the forward, Jean got his song signed with them. Scott K. (Missouri)- Scott signed an instrumental track with a highly successful West Coast Music Publisher as a direct result of a TAXI forward.Robert C. (New York)- Robert signed a few of his songs with a Film/TV Publisher. Although this company did not want to go with the song that was forwarded through TAXI, Robert still utilized this connection and sent them more material, which they then accepted.Martin H. (Switzerland)- Martin recently signed his World Music track to a U.K.-based Music Library/Publishing Company for TV placement as a result of a forward through TAXI.We truly appreciate our members for sharing their deal details with us!Be sure to send your deal mentions to: ');// -->deals@taxi.com~DavidMember Services, TAXI818-222-2464

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: April MEMBER DEALS

Post by Casey H » Fri May 02, 2008 11:52 am

It's so cool to see so many names that, because of the forum, we recognize. Congrats to all on your successes! Casey

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Fri May 02, 2008 5:31 pm

Go Ted, Keith, Chuck, Matt, Mike, Martin and any other Dots on that list that I've missed.Congrats to all!!!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by nomiyah » Fri May 02, 2008 5:42 pm

May 2, 2008, 8:31pm, hummingbird wrote:Go Ted, Keith, Chuck, Matt, Mike, Martin and any other Dots on that list that I've missed.Congrats to all!!! Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Fri May 09, 2008 1:06 pm

May 2, 2008, 8:31pm, hummingbird wrote:Go Ted, Keith, Chuck, Matt, Mike, Martin and any other Dots on that list that I've missed.Congrats to all!!! Here's another forum member to remember:bleuciel / Jean CusteauCheck out Jean's writeup in the latest Taxi Transmitter:Jean Custeau’s song, “Deux Millions D’etoiles” was played during the February 1 episode of USA’s “Monk.” "I've been member of TAXI since September 2007 and I'm surely convinced, it's the best thing in my over-30-years of my musical life,” he said. Way To Go Jean!

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Wed May 28, 2008 3:06 pm

Congrats to all the TAXI members who got deals here lately!

gburgess
Impressive
Impressive

Post by gburgess » Fri May 30, 2008 4:21 am

Big congrats to all! As they say, "Success breeds success."