What's the opposite of sour grapes??

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

What's the opposite of sour grapes??

Post by ncc1701 » Thu May 08, 2008 4:11 pm

Dontcha hate it when something comes along that whuffs you upside the head and makes you open your eyes?After posting my minor whine about getting medieval forwards when I really wanted to write pop/rock, I have now gotten my third library deal ever. For a medieval piece. The library my recent forward went to is the same one that already signed two other (non-medieval) instrumentals of mine. So I figured they might be in the market for the Old World sound and sent them one of my Christmas tunes I got forwards on (to different clients) several months ago. And they accepted it! So, no more whining for me. I accept the niche I have made for myself. Maybe I can take this platform and use it to grow in new musical directions. It worked for Mannheim Steamroller.Thanks for all the support, forum buddies. Kathleen

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: What's the opposite of sour grapes??

Post by aimusic » Thu May 08, 2008 8:56 pm

Hey Kathleen,That's awesome news - Congrats... yeah life is strange that way... It's happened to me a few times, where I put all my energy into one specific thing, next thing a decent project comes along and knocks the hell outta me coz I struggle to get back into the swing of things...But congrats on that - that's awesome news... Remember you create whatevr niche you want... that's the beauty of being a composer...Take CareB

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by silvercord » Thu May 08, 2008 11:55 pm

hmm opposite of Sour..i'd say SWEETopposite of grapes..does fruit have an opposite?like a nemesis? what's grape's nemesis?if we find that out then we could find the answer to your question congrats on your deals! all roads can lead where you choose them to, its the beauty of the universe.

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aimusic » Fri May 09, 2008 12:07 am

Hey G, It's been awhile - how you been keeping bro?I'd have to say the opposite of a grape is a litchi /lychee (depending on where you are in the world and how you spell it), it's kind of like a slightly bigger grape, with the evil tough exterior and a crazy seed in the centre....Yeah definately it's evil side!!!

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by silvercord » Fri May 09, 2008 12:31 am

ahh so its SWEET LYCHEE!REJOICE with the heavenly taste of SWEET LYCHEE, Kathleen!wassup B...im currently trying to take the good advice of fellowtaxi bros and sis's for that belly dance track..ill post up soon!Kathleen..whats next for you?: )

devin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by devin » Fri May 09, 2008 1:30 am

This is great news Kathleen...that whistle is going to lead 'em right to your bank account.You might as well treat it seriously...Shrek 3 was a massive movie, and I'm sure Mike Myers hassome more Scottish Ogre in him yet!
Earplugs may be required for anyone over the age of cool.

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Fri May 09, 2008 1:08 pm

May 9, 2008, 2:55am, silvercord wrote:hmm opposite of Sour..i'd say SWEETopposite of grapes..does fruit have an opposite?like a nemesis? what's grape's nemesis?A grape's nemesis? I'd guess Lucille Ball's feet, but that's just a guess. So here's to your sweet feet, Kathleen...let them take you anywhere you wish to go. And WAY TO GO for taking the intiative for building your catalog of signed pieces AND your relationship with this publisher. THAT, my friends, is how it's done.SO happy for you.T(r)ed(Lord, was THAT ever a bad foot joke... )
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Sat May 10, 2008 11:13 am

Officially that is called a sweet lemon rationalization.

slideboardouts
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by slideboardouts » Sat May 10, 2008 12:41 pm

first of all...CONGRATS!My experience with the whole library/film/television music thing is exactly like yours (except my niche has become urban music). Literally, for as long as I can remember I've been a rock guy and in the last few years specifically a pop rock guy. Thats all I wanted to do was play guitar in a band and write catchy rock songs.Now, I'm having quite a bit of success as an URBAN composer! Never would have thought that in a million years. So take that niche and run with it! All the way to the bank Congratulations again.-Steve

mer
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mer » Mon May 12, 2008 12:52 am

Congrats, Kathleen! On with the sweet lemons...--Mer