March MEMBER DEALS

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

taxidave
Active
Active

March MEMBER DEALS

Post by taxidave » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:20 am

Hey Everyone,We are so proud of our members! We hear about new deal mentions it seems every day, and it is truly rewarding to watch our members progress into great songwriters.Here we go for the month of March:Member Deals 3/1/2008 - 3/31/2008Dean K. (Washington)-A few of Dean’s pop/soul songs were forwarded to a Leading Publisher and his song ‘Do Your Thing’ was picked up by a Universal artist in Germany named Stefanie Heinzmann. Stefanie’s album was released in March and it debuted at #8 on the Billboard’s European Top 100 Charts. (#1 in Switzerland, #3 in Germany, #3 in Austria).Barbara M. (Virginia)-Barbara’s song ‘Ready For Love’ will be featured on the ABC Family Channel show “Greek” on March 31st. The actress Amber Vox will be signing the song with the instrumental tracks from Barbara’s CD.Jarno H. (Finland)-Submitting from Finland, Jarno signed 8 instrumental tracks to a Texas based Publisher that specializes in Film & TV placements.Here’s what Jarno had to say: “I´ve been a Taxi member for a few years, but I didn´t pay much attention to instrumental listings until I saw Matt Hirt´s videos on YouTube. (Thank you, Michael Laskow!! or whoever came up with the idea!) It was a "light activity" track that led to this deal. I didn´t have any idea what "light activity" was, until I read (and listened to) it on the forum (thanks forum folks). Although the track wasn´t included, it got them interested. And of course, thank you, Taxi! I never had a doubt about Taxi, but now everybody I know knows that Taxi works.”Link to Matt Hirt video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FguwMMsDZAStan S. (Tennessee)-Stan signed a co-publishing deal with an Independent Nashville Publishing Company who intends to pitch his songs ‘Love In Your Life’ and ‘Good Lemonade’ for major artist cuts.Brad M. (Oregon)-Brad had his Jazz trio tune ‘How Yuse Doin’ placed in the FOX television program New Amsterdam.Davide R. (Italy)- Submitting from Italy, Davide was forwarded to a U.S. based Music Publisher where they requested to hear more of his music. He then signed a 4-song deal. Here’s what Davide had to say: “Let me say that you guys at Taxi are doing something very special! You are the ring that we’re missing to the chain between author and market. To apply to your submission means increase a lot my compositions catalogue, but in a right direction! Before Taxi I had the desire to create music but I didn't have any direction. With your request you just drive the composer in building a repertoire that is shaped on the real music Industry, and if the music is good enough, sooner or later it will find the way.Thank you to all of you guys.... really!”Gerd E. (California)-Gerd, representing his father’s work, was able to make a vital connection at the TAXI Road Rally where he signed a 5-year contract for 3 songs.Bradley P. (New Jersey)-Brad was recently informed that he had his mellow Indie rock song ‘I’m Gonna Change’ placed in the CBS show “Cold Case.” This was in the “Spiders” episode, which aired on February 17th.Goetz N. (Germany)-Submitting to TAXI from Germany, Goetz signed a few of his songs with the Owner of a Production Music Library based in Texas.Matt H. (California)-After receiving his royalty statement, Matt found out about a few more placements he had through TAXI. He had one of his songs placed in the CW show “America’s Next Top Model.”Matt H. (California)-Matt had several placements on MTV’s “Real World” as well as the “Real World vs. Road Rules Challenge.”Matt H. (California)-Through a major Production Music Publisher, Matt had his song featured in ABC’s “The View.”Matt H. (California)-Matt had several placements on the Style Network, including placements in “Whose Wedding Is It Anyway,” “How Do I Look,” “I Propose,” “Isaac,” and “Married Away.”Matt H. (California)-Matt had his song featured in ABC’s “Good Morning America.”Matt H. (California)-Matt has had his music placed on several original shows in Canada and Sweden through a Music Publisher.Tim B. (Illinois)-Tim recently signed his Ragtime piano instrumental with an established Music Publisher. This would be Tim’s 4th publishing deal through TAXI.Darren K. (Colorado)-Trombonist/Composer/Educator/Band Leader Darren had another one of his songs placed on a Sony/BMG CD compilation, and most recently had two Music Library placements.Jin C. (United Kingdom)-Jin recently signed an exclusive licensing contract for 6 of his songs with the Owner of a Publishing Company that specializes in Film/TV placements.Tim S. (Pennsylvania)-Tim signed a 10-song deal with the Owner of a Production Music Library.Martin H. (Switzerland)-Martin recently signed one of his songs with an East Coast Music Publisher.Justin M. (Nevada)-Justin signed another deal recently with a very successful Publisher that specializes in Film and TV placements.David M. (California)-David recently signed 2 of his songs with a Film/TV Publisher.Steve Y. (Minnesota)-Steve signed his wacky carnival/calliope track with the President of an established Music Publishing Company.Steve Y. (Minnesota)-Steve signed his two songs ‘Sideswipe’ and ‘It’s a Brand New Way’ with the Owner of a Production Music Library.Steve Y. (Minnesota)-Steve signed his songs ‘Kiss Me Quick,’ and ‘Catwalk,’ ‘Shopping Day Bags,’ and ‘Bags Full of Surprises’ with a leading Film/TV Music Licensing Company.Shelley J. (Canada)-Shelley signed an exclusive deal for her instrumental track with an East Coast Music Publisher who intends to represent her track for Film/TV placements.Peter L. (United Kingdom)-Peter signed 6 songs with the Owner of a Publishing company. His songs included musical styling in Indie Rock, Dance/Electronica, and R&B.Mike G. (Canada)-Mike’s song ‘Le Temps Racourcit’ (a French Country/Blues tune) was signed to an established Music Publisher based in Los Angeles.Mike G. (Canada)-Mike recently signed 3 Public Domain Christmas songs with a Music Licensing company. ‘God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen,’ ‘O Christmas Tree,’ and ‘Noel Nouvelet’ were signed.CJ B. (Colorado)-CJ was forwarded to a European Publisher who plans to place his song in a TV Movie project.Thomas B. (New York)-Thomas recently signed 2 of his tunes (one a “News” instrumental and the other a “Romantic” instrumental) to a Film & TV Music Licensing company.As always, be sure to e-mail your deal details to: deals@taxi.com ~DavidMember Services, TAXI818-222-2464