4 songs signed plus.

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bayouandme
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

4 songs signed plus.

Post by bayouandme » Fri May 02, 2008 1:04 am

Got a call yesterday concerning a forward from around December. The music library liked the song that was forwarded but wanted more. I send him the CD I had completed with my co-writer and artist JR. Long story short, he called last night and signed 4 songs. I still don't fully understand this whole film/TV placement situation. I will simply be glad and see where it all goes. This seems to be the forum for telling folks about accomplishments here goes. My friends and family don't seem to understand the extent of work, perseverance and plain luck to accomplish anything substantial in music. My wife of 30 years is starting to get it. TAXI via its evaluations helped to solidify our faith in our CD project. JR and I hit the pavement, sent CD's everywhere, called everyone we knew and did everything to get this project out there. We had a conference call with a major label last week and now are talking with their attorney on Tuesday (yes we have ours). Another major has also called and we will be meeting with them soon. It is all too weird and foreign. I don't really need a whole bunch of backslaps I needed to let someone know that understands the emotional aspects tied to your music.Thanks,P.S. Here is the link to our website http://www.jrob.us CD Baby and MySpace will allow you to listen to our songs.
Hard Work Beats Talent That Does Not Work Hard.

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: 4 songs signed plus.

Post by aimusic » Fri May 02, 2008 1:10 am

Hi,First of all congratulations on your success... It's always well deserved for people who deserve it...secondly, the link doesn't work...Take CareB

bayouandme
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bayouandme » Fri May 02, 2008 1:12 am

I fixed the link-sorry.
Hard Work Beats Talent That Does Not Work Hard.

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by billg » Fri May 02, 2008 1:19 am

Hey that's great news! I wish you the best, and remember . . . If you're successful all of those who don't understand what it really takes will be amazed at your "overnight" success!

aimusic
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aimusic » Fri May 02, 2008 1:24 am

Listening to the tracks, although it's not a genre I listen to, I'm really digging these tracks - the singer has a really awesome voice...I wish you the best of luck for the future!

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Fri May 02, 2008 5:04 am

CONGRATS!!!! No, friends & family don't "get" it but we do!!!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by squids » Fri May 02, 2008 5:57 am

It's a weird place to be but dude, all y'all worked your tails off gettin' it! And nope, no one understands success if they're not on the field gettin' slammed by everything that moves (glad your wife's on board though, at least from what you said, she's sorta there).Watch the bottom line (you know that already) and yeah, I agree about everyone thinking you're an overnight success even though you've been doing this for a while. Congrats!!