The time between a forward and a deal

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hpcrazy

The time between a forward and a deal

Post by hpcrazy » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:06 pm

Hi everybody,I got my 3rd deal now and I have been wondering what your experiences are from the avarage timescale between a forward and a deal. Seems like this is around 6 months ? GreetsHP

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: The time between a forward and a deal

Post by mazz » Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:46 am

There is no average timescale. It can range from a few weeks to never. Some have reported getting a deal 2 or 3 years after a forward. Don't hold your breath, keep writing and submitting. Trying to predict a deal after a forward is a waste of your time and energy, IMO.Congrats on the deals!!Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by squids » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:17 am

Congrats on the deals, HP!And Mazz is right....you can't really count on a set time for a deal to become a placement. I think Casey had an example in another thread down below (general hangout, I think) where he didn't even know he was placed, he got a check from Ascap instead. Keep woikin' it! Good luck!Squids

hpcrazy

Post by hpcrazy » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:34 pm

Thanks for your information. This is something I thought might be the direction. Writting is not the problem for me anyway - it is currently more the problem to plan my incomes on a midium timescale. Went through some freaky times in the last 12 months. GreetingsHP

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:53 am

Apr 19, 2008, 12:34am, hpcrazy wrote:Thanks for your information. This is something I thought might be the direction. Writting is not the problem for me anyway - it is currently more the problem to plan my incomes on a midium timescale. Went through some freaky times in the last 12 months. GreetingsHPhey hp,concerning the income bear in mind that it takes about 2 yrs for the backend (suisa, ascap...) to find it's way to you - 2 yrs after the PRO of the country where your music was broadcasted did get the cue sheets.so it's really a long-term game. you may make some money from upfront payments (sync, or maybe a fee if you get it in an exclussive deal), but you probably won't make that much money from it in a short time.cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

hpcrazy

Post by hpcrazy » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:31 pm

Hi martin,well that's quite a time - guess I still have to keep other things runing till the whole thing starts to pay off. BTW : Just got a other deal - incredible how fast this now starts to work.

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:01 am

hey hp,..cool, congrats on all the deals - keep 'em coming obviously, the greater your published catalogue, the better the income.btw. I saw you on sunday at the zoo zurich - but you didn't hear me;)cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

jmather
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jmather » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:35 am

Hey hpcrazy - I just checked out you site and listened to some tunes. Sounds really good. I'd love to see you play someday. Keep up the good work!Mather

hpcrazy

Post by hpcrazy » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:50 am

Quote:btw. I saw you on sunday at the zoo zurich - but you didn't hear me;)Really ?? Well I guess I was as usual somewhere else with my thoughts. You should haved waked me up Quote:Hey hpcrazy - I just checked out you site and listened to some tunes. Sounds really good. I'd love to see you play someday. Keep up the good work!Hey Mather, thanks for the feedback. I know I know - I got quite a lot of request from people from the US who want to see me play live . Currently I am still in Switzerland but when things move that fast as they did in the last few months I might get possible that I tour somewhere round in the US. Probably I even leave Switzerland behind.GreetsHP

hpcrazy

Post by hpcrazy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:53 am

Coolo - the company who recently licensed 1 song took 3 others as well. Seems like everybody likes my latest works - and yes I really could use the money