Having a 3-In-1 Day

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Having a 3-In-1 Day

Post by allends » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:04 pm

Sweet! I got another forward for my Indian instrumental Mixed Raga - Sitar. This is the listing:Quote:A wide variety of great, original, and authentic-sounding ASIAN WORLD/ETHNIC SONGS & INSTRUMENTALS sought by an established Music Library/Publisher that has worked with TAXI for years. They exclusively supply songs/tracks to numerous Cable TV shows - mostly cooking and travel shows - and need new material to meet their clients' needs. English vocals are OK as are other Asian languages (Indian, Japanese, Chinese, etc.). Great performances are essential. This company typically offers exclusive deals. Your songs must be Broadcast Quality (excellent sounding home recordings are OK). Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics (and lyrical translations). All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Feb. 6, 2008. TAXI # S080206ASWow, here's a first: My song The Answer finally made it over the bar! I almost gave up on this one going anywhere.It's great to see my old song I Remember You still striking a chord with the screeners despite its out-of-date vibe.Both songs were forwarded to this listing:Quote:Relaxing, melodic NEW AGE INSTRUMENTALS along the general lines of Vangelis, Yanni, Blonker, Oliver Shanti, Andreas Vollenweider, etc. are wanted by an Austrian Production Co. for a new CD compilation to be released in Europe via a Major Label. This is the 8th CD in the series, and TAXI music has been included on 3 of the previous 7 compilations. He wants smooth, flowing, melodic music and mentioned "nothing too Jazzy, no solo piano or guitar only, no heavy drums and no loud effects." Their deal includes a 5 year non-exclusive license as well as mechanical royalties paid based on the number of CD units sold. Broadcast Quality needed [great-sounding home recording OK]. Please submit one to three songs per CD/online. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Feb. 11, 2008. TAXI # S080211NAOne of these songs is actually my second forward to the same listing party. I hope the repeated exposure stimulates a deal! One thing I know for sure... I need to create more songs because there are opportunities for my music that I don't want to miss!Cheers,Allen

tomaragon
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Having a 3-In-1 Day

Post by tomaragon » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:19 pm

Allen......Great stuff as always!!!!Congratulations

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:42 pm

allends,Congrats on those forwards! Nice chord work on The Answer! Like the way the percussion comes in, nice & clear. Good stuff! Same with I Remember You. Everything is really crystal clear.ibanez468

tinozigzag
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tinozigzag » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:57 am

Congrats on the forwards!

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:18 am

Brother DeSomer, it's all just a matter of time. Your playing and style can't be denied.

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:20 am

Way to go Allen! Always enjoy your music! Keep going!Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:55 am

Thanks Friends,I can always count on you for encouragement!-AllenQuote:Allen......Great stuff as always!!!!Congratulations Quote:allends,Congrats on those forwards! Nice chord work on The Answer! Like the way the percussion comes in, nice & clear. Good stuff! Same with I Remember You. Everything is really crystal clear.ibanez468Quote:Congrats on the forwards!Quote:Brother DeSomer, it's all just a matter of time. Your playing and style can't be denied. Quote:Way to go Allen! Always enjoy your music! Keep going!Mazz

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:58 am

Cool! Yet another forward for my Indian instrumental Mixed Raga - Sitar. Too bad I don't have more songs just like it, because it has a forward ratio of 100%. This is the listing:Quote:A range of great, authentic-sounding INDIAN MUSIC INSTRUMENTALS [no vocals] are wanted by a U.K.-based Music Library/Publishing Co. for TV placement. They want all styles related to the COUNTRY of INDIA and that region of Asia - from Indian Classical to Indian Folk to Indian Pop (they're NOT seeking Native American Indian music). They don't want tracks that sound like they were obviously MIDI generated - authenticity and great performances are the keys. Both instrumentals with lead melody lines and basic backing tracks that serve as "soundbeds" are OK - they want both. All tempos are OK. Track length should be in the 1:00 - 3:00 range. At this point they work mostly with prominent U.K. TV channels such as the BBC and ITV, but also supply music to other production companies that broadcast worldwide. If forwarded for D071025ID, please do not submit the same material. They offer non-exclusive, 50/50 deals. Broadcast quality needed [excellent home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD, include lyrics. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI. For ground submissions, please enclose a S.A.S.E. if you would like a response. Submissions must be received no later than Mar. 7, 2008. TAXI # Y080307INWhen I add this latest forward to my rolling 12 month stats I'm at 50/50. This is better than I would have expected, so I have a reason to celebrate. Thanks again, Taxi friends, for your support and advice!-Allen