Sounds Online big sale

Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DesireeBowen
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Sounds Online big sale

Post by DesireeBowen » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:36 pm

The AD sale is only for download. Do you think that is okay or is it better to have the DVDs? If I needed to reinstall it, I wouldn't be able to with just the download, right?
-Desiree

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crs7string » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:44 pm

Desiree,

On everything I download, I choose the "save" option. You can burn the saved file to a DVD to have a permanent copy for future use.

Maybe it's the need for instant gratification, but I like the option of downloading.

Chuck
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:17 pm

DesireeBowen wrote:Ok that AD deal is awesome.

I am thinking AD: $99 and Basis: $150. For now. Goliath is on sale today for $198 and I am tempted to add that in as well.....
I would advise against Goliath...these 'grab bag' type instruments aren't really gonna give you much of anything you don't already have in Logic. These days it's usually much better to get a VI that specializes in something, because the various categories in a "grab bag" instrument usually don't provide the quality or variety of articulations needed for pro quality work.

As far as AD, like Chuck says, just burn (a) DVD(s) of the files you download and keep them in safe place in case you need to reinstall in the future.

DesireeBowen
Impressive
Impressive

Post by DesireeBowen » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:27 pm

I now have Addictive Drums!!! I have to say, for $99 it was a great purchase- no buyer's remorse here! I've already replaced my old drums on some of my pieces with the AD versions and WOW what a difference! I love that it is so easy to use. Thanks for the recommendation!

Drums- check!
-Desiree