Make that 6 deals !!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mikegoudreau
Impressive
Impressive

Make that 6 deals !!

Post by mikegoudreau » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:37 am

Oh Yeah !After a rough day yesterday with 4 returns and 1 forward...One return was for that blues listing that I thought I had the right stuff for And the other 3 were for Jazz tunes that are already signed with a library . Checked my emails just before going to bed and that same library that signed 4 tunes last week, signed 2 more of my blues tunes this week...# 36,37...Ye-Haw ! These tunes I submitted to them myself...Not by being forwarded. So it turned to out to be a good day after all !! I know that the returns are only due to one person's opinion but if you don't get that '' forward'' you're never going to meet that publisher/library...That's the way it goes...Thank God for that original forward to get my fat foot in the door.MG

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Make that 6 deals !!

Post by ragani » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:36 am

Hey MG,Congratulations on the added deals to your library works-- that's always great news! It should be "O"MG!! Yeah, thank goodness for being able to get that initial foot in the door... 37 tunes signed already, eh? That's super!! We should start a TAXI 100-guild for all of us who are wanting to build a music library business, so we can celebrate after our first 100 songs get signed-- yeah!! Then the 500-guild, then the 1000-guild. You're already over 1/3 of the way there!! CONGRATULATIONS!! Raags
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it..." - Goethe
http://www.RaganiWorld.com - Turn the World to Love®
http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=ragani

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:38 pm

Quote: We should start a TAXI 100-guild for all of us who are wanting to build a music library business, so we can celebrate after our first 100 songs get signed-- yeah!! Then the 500-guild, then the 1000-guild. You're already over 1/3 of the way there!! CONGRATULATIONS!! Raagsright on, Mike. Very terrific news.And I LOVE Raags idea. Granted, it may take me years to get there, but any additional motivation is a good thing.Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ragani » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:45 pm

Quote:And I LOVE Raags idea. Granted, it may take me years to get there, but any additional motivation is a good thing.Well it might take all of us years, but we're going to have to pass those years anyway, so we might as well come out as winners, eh?! So maybe "dots" for the Rallys, and "guilds" on the boards for music libraries!! Mike got me started here, so I couldn't resist the guild idea... RaagsP.S. And hey, we could make our own special TAXI emblems for the guildies too, yeah? I'm going to vote for Dave to design the emblem, cause he does cool stuff with graphics (like that Spectrasonic lawnmower)...
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it..." - Goethe

brindabella
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by brindabella » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:08 pm

Congrats, Mike! Way to go!!!
"The crucial thing in life is not to repeat oneself." Antonio Stradivari.

http://www.Reverbnation.com/laurasanz

mikegoudreau
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mikegoudreau » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:57 pm

Hey Raggs, Taxi 100 guild you say ?...That's been my goal since seeing those you tube videos that M. Laskow posted of Matt Hurt ( I think that's his name ) talk about some guy who makes $150,000 per year on fees alone with library placements ...Sheesh ! that sounds almost crazy....I'd be happy with 1 less Zero on those fees per year ! Lol ! Let's hope I can keep the ball rolling and make it to 100 !! Cheers, Mike

deantaylor
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by deantaylor » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:09 pm

Awesome, Mike!

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ragani » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:54 am

Hey Mike,This past year has been a complete inspiration for me too from all of TAXI's discussion about music libraries, and it was SO TIMELY for me!! Matt's video rocked my world, and I'm on a mission to find my niche as well. So let's say it's done-- let's make the 100 Guild now official. Or should we start a new thread and see who wants to have fun with us?? As far as the 500 Guild and 1000 Guild-- it may feel wwaaaaayyyy out there for some of us folks, but I've got my eye on those goals!! Certainly achievable-- shall we go for it??!! I say we celebrate every time we hear someone on these boards gets their 100th placement. They will be our honored member of the Royal 100 Guild, and we can secretly toast to them and eat cake. That way, we get to celebrate a lot and for everyone!! Raags

vicky
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by vicky » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:18 am

Quote:Taxi 100 guild you say ?these numbers blow me away! Mike you's on fire...(insert Canadian joke here)Vicky

audiorayne
Impressive
Impressive

Post by audiorayne » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:21 am

Quote:(insert Canadian joke here)OK! You know you're from Canada when ...-You only know three spices: salt, pepper and ketchup. -You design your Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit. -Canadian Tire on any Saturday is busier than the toy stores at Christmas. -You've taken your kids trick-or-treating in a blizzard. -Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled in with snow. -You think sexy lingerie is tube-socks and a flannel nightie with only 8 buttons. -The local paper covers national and international headlines on 2 pages, but requires 6 pages for hockey. -You know which leaves make good toilet paper. -You find -40c a little chilly. -The trunk of your car doubles as a deep freeze. -You attend a formal event in your best clothes, your finest jewelry and your Sorels. -You understand the Labatt Blue commercials. -You perk up when you hear the theme from "Hockey Night in Canada". Hey, I'm allowed! P.S. Don't mean to turn this into a joke thread. Mike, we're rooting for you. Loving this French stuff.