Got a song placed on network tv

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Got a song placed on network tv

Post by nomiyah » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:35 pm

Brad,Congrats!!!! Nice to hear your encouraging story about how long it takes.Nomi

chrisbee
Impressive
Impressive

Post by chrisbee » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:15 pm

Quote:Hello,A couple of years ago I had a submission forwarded through TAXI. It was for a music library searching for new songs to license on a non-exclusive basis. I had been forwarded several times before, but never any bites, so I didn't get my hopes up.Within a short period of time I was contacted by the library. I looked over the contract, signed it, and waited. And waited. Almost two years went by. During that time I had gotten a few very encouraging emails from the owner of the library, telling me how great he thought my stuff was, how he was going to try to get me "something really good."Well I'm very happy to say he did! I was told that my song was going to be played for two minutes in an upcoming episode of the CBS show Cold Case.But being tv, he said, this was all subject to change at the last minute, so I STILL didn't get my hopes up - until it actually aired!SO THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU TAXI! Couldn't have done it without you!If anybody is interested in seeing the clip, you can check it out on our myspace page at: www.myspace.com/starboardgreenSo to everybody that hasn't gotten a deal yet, don't give up. This can really work!Thanks,Brad Congratulations Brad! This is what it's all about. & if you did it once, you can do it again and again! Here's to hundreds more where that came from!cb

brad

Post by brad » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:43 pm

Hey guys,I DID actually forget about the library after awhile, Brindabella. I just assumed they'd gone belly up or something. Getting the call from them - where they told me that CBS was going with the song - was a thrilling moment and more gratifying than seeing the song on tv. That sounds strange, but it was just hugely validating, you know?And yes, I've watched it a few times I'm starting to crush on that actress a little bit.....-brad

silvercord
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by silvercord » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:57 am

way to go Bradi could hear the counting crows do this; )im glad the waiting paid off!and wow thats allot of air play you got..not just a 5 second clip!peacegeoff

audiorayne
Impressive
Impressive

Post by audiorayne » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:10 pm

Brad, that's an awesome song and an awesome clip! Thanks for sharing this. Your story is pretty inspirational to those of us who may be wondering if the wait is worth it. It's also a good lesson for those just starting out - nothing moves quickly here, and patience is an asset! Hope this episode plays for years to come.