First Deal!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

djdeweese
Impressive
Impressive

First Deal!

Post by djdeweese » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:25 pm

Hey Crew, Well, I'll have to stop posting that I've had dozens forwards but no contact yet, because I signed my first contract with a music library today! I got a forward six months ago for a sports/action instumental, and the company sent an email last week asking if I had anything else to submit. After revising a few fade-out endings, I've signed six songs and agreed to write six to ten more! I had a question for them about the revision clause, which they answered, but said that they have never had a song that didn't get sold, so I'm very happy with the first library home for my tunes.Add one more name to the list of Taxi believers. (Now just a couple years and a few hundred more song placements and I'll really have something.)

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: First Deal!

Post by hummingbird » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:49 pm

yahoooo!!!!! good for you!!!!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

djdeweese
Impressive
Impressive

Post by djdeweese » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:45 pm

Hummingbird -- somehow I guessed you might be the first to share my excitement. After a few short months on the board, I've learned your quite a generous and kind soul! Thanks for celebrating with me --

slideboardouts
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by slideboardouts » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:53 pm

Congratulations dj! I'm wondering if your first deal is with the same company that I just got my first deal from....the line about "we have never had a song that didn't get sold" makes me hope it is :-D :-D :-DCongratulations again!-Steve

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:53 pm

Quote:Hey Crew, Well, I'll have to stop posting that I've had dozens forwards but no contact yet, because I signed my first contract with a music library today! I got a forward six months ago for a sports/action instumental, and the company sent an email last week asking if I had anything else to submit. After revising a few fade-out endings, I've signed six songs and agreed to write six to ten more! I had a question for them about the revision clause, which they answered, but said that they have never had a song that didn't get sold, so I'm very happy with the first library home for my tunes.Add one more name to the list of Taxi believers. (Now just a couple years and a few hundred more song placements and I'll really have something.)Congratulations! Slowly, surely, the talent from the Midwest takes over the music business. Dave

mikegoudreau
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mikegoudreau » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:08 pm

Congrats djdeweese !I read this all the time here...Patience is the key...I signed 3 deals a month ago that had been forwarded more than a year ago...I had to check my notes to remember what tunes they were talking about ...You just never know ! Keep up the good work !MG

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:25 pm

Congrats deej!!I had a feeling somethin' would come your way soon. "Patience" isn't usually an easy thing to practice, but man, you hung in there. Now you know how to handle it movin' forward. Good job!ibanez468

jeffgreenleaf
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jeffgreenleaf » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:51 am

Congratz DJ!!!!! This is great news! Have a great weekend!

brindabella
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by brindabella » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:44 pm

Congrats to you! Ahhh, the sweet smell of success!!
"The crucial thing in life is not to repeat oneself." Antonio Stradivari.

http://www.Reverbnation.com/laurasanz

bleuciel
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bleuciel » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:38 pm

Hey Daniel Jason not disc jockey!BIG CONGRATS! I'm so happy for you.Best of luck!
Jean Custeau / bleuciel@mail.com