2 other songs signed

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bleuciel
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

2 other songs signed

Post by bleuciel » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:16 pm

2008 seems to be good for me. I received THE email last week for 2 other songs in a library of L.A. where I already have deals. The first one, an instrumental tango that I sent myself and the second one, a French waltz which was forwarded by Taxi last November.You know, after a lot of hard times during a few decades, I came to Taxi one year and a half ago, and after 14 songs signed and a placement (Monk) my life has changed. I deeply thank Mike Goudreau for telling me about Taxi in September 2006! Hope you'll enjoy these songs:BUENOS AIRES MEMORIESwww.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=99808&stream=trueQUAND J'ENTENDS CETTE VALSEwww.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=40033&stream=trueQUAND J'ENTENDS CETTE VALSE(Lyrics & music: Jean Custeau, ©copyright 2003 by Jean Custeau, SOCANENGLISH TRANSLATION OF THE MEANING FOLLOWS FRENCH LYRICS.On faisait semblantDe pleurer, de rireOubliant de vivreAu moment présentSans trop se parlerNi trop s’écouterTenant pour acquisChacune de nos viesCHORUS :Quand j’entends cette valseJ’oublie que j’ai malQue tu sois partieSi loin de ma vieQuand j’entends cette valseJ’oublie que j’ai mal de toiVenus les enfantsQu’on voulait vraimentEt tout notre tempsVoulait dire argentOn n’a pas su faireOn n’a pas su direTout foutu en l’airMeilleur comme pire (CHORUS)Il reste le souvenirD’un amour finiIl y a les enfantsQui maintenant sont grandsMon cœur est guériUn peu affaibliMa vie maintenantSe passe au présent (CHORUS)Il y a quelque partTes yeux, ton regardIl y a tes vingt ansIl y a trop de tempsMais il y a toujoursAu lieu de l’amourCette petite valseQui mène le bal...N.B. English translation giving the meaning of the French lyrics.WHEN I HEAR THAT WALTZWe pretendedTo cry, to laughForgetting to liveIn the presentWithout talking muchOr listening muchTaking for grantedEach of our livesCHORUS:When I hear that waltzI forget I hurtBecause you went awaySo far from my lifeWhen I hear that waltzI forget I hurt for youCame the childrenWe really wantedAnd all of our timeMeant moneyWe weren’t able to doWe weren’t able to sayThrew everything in the airBetter and worse (CHORUS)There remains a memoryOf and ended loveThere are the childrenWho are now grownMy heart is healedA bit weakenedMy life nowIs in the present (CHORUS)There is somewhereYour eyes, your gazeThere are your twentiesThere is too much timeBut there is alwaysInstead of loveThis little waltzLeading the ball
Jean Custeau / bleuciel@mail.com

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: 2 other songs signed

Post by tedsingingfox » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:56 pm

Congrats, Bleu.That's fantastic news. TAXI has changed many lives for the better, mine included.Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

brindabella
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by brindabella » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:41 pm

Congrats, Bleuciel!
"The crucial thing in life is not to repeat oneself." Antonio Stradivari.

http://www.Reverbnation.com/laurasanz

mikegoudreau
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mikegoudreau » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:09 pm

Right on bro !I knew those tunes had a great chance of being picked up...And more to come with your new ones in the works !Bravo ! And congrats !! All that hard work is paying off !Mike

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ragani » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:48 am

Quote:You know, after a lot of hard times during a few decades, I came to Taxi one year and a half ago, and after 14 songs signed and a placement (Monk) my life has changed. I deeply thank Mike Goudreau for telling me about Taxi in September 2006!Congratulations, bleuciel! I love your French tracks, and I've got my bets on you making a good living with many placements and songs in this genre of music. May you have millions! Congratulations again-- may your life continue to change in delicious and delightful ways!! Raags
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it..." - Goethe
http://www.RaganiWorld.com - Turn the World to Love®
http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=ragani

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:31 am

Congratulations Jean!! I love both tracks...the Tango is really nice too, with a great feel to it.One of my own Tangos that I did a few years ago has recently been used in 4 Episodes of "Dancing With The Stars" , so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that yours will meet a similar "fate" .One thing to keep in mind for new songs you're writing (but maybe you're already doing this) is to stay away from fade-outs as an ending...a composed "button" ending will greatly increase the chances of your songs being picked up for, and placed in, film/tv applications.Best of luck to you!matto

chrisbee
Impressive
Impressive

Post by chrisbee » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:08 pm

Quote:Congratulations Jean!! I love both tracks...the Tango is really nice too, with a great feel to it.One of my own Tangos that I did a few years ago has recently been used in 4 Episodes of "Dancing With The Stars" , so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that yours will meet a similar "fate" .One thing to keep in mind for new songs you're writing (but maybe you're already doing this) is to stay away from fade-outs as an ending...a composed "button" ending will greatly increase the chances of your songs being picked up for, and placed in, film/tv applications.Best of luck to you!mattoCongratulations, Bleuciel!! cbHey Matto! That's some serious "kaaa-ching" from a Tango. WOW. 2 & 1/2 minutes, prime-time TV, 4 times + summer reruns. That's really cool! cb

bleuciel
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bleuciel » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:22 am

Thanks a lot everyone. Have a nice weekend!
Jean Custeau / bleuciel@mail.com

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:33 am

Quality tunes all the way around. I love the story about the placement on Monk... one of my favorite shows. Congratulations!