Question for those who have received deals...

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Question for those who have received deals...

Post by ibanez468 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:57 am

O.K., I ‘ve got a question for all of the folks who were contacted for a deal on your tunes. If you were contacted by e-mail, how did they (emails) typically look? Anything that stands out in the subject heading? What about a phone call? If you weren’t there to receive the call, did they leave some kind of voice message, stating the nature of the call? Reason I ask, is because I receive a great deal of e-mails in a given day, (most of it is junk) and of course a lot of them will end up being routed to my “bulk” folder if it’s not an e-mailer who’s listed in my address book. Sometimes I may not open & read. I just delete ‘em. Is there anything that anyone has noticed, that stands out on one these e-mails for a deal, that kept you from possibly making the mistake of deleting it?Same with the phone. I get a lot calls from solicitors, on a daily basis. Sometimes every hour on the hour. I have caller ID & and a digital answering machine, and usually don’t bother to answer if it’s not a number I recognize. Oftentimes, the caller doesn’t bother to leave a message either (some of the calls may be automated). I’ve noticed I get a great deal of calls from places in the US where I know that I don’t know anybody. For those that were contacted by phone, but weren’t available when the call came, did they leave you a message, stating the nature of their phone call to you?Just want to make sure I know the signs to look out for, in case I should get lucky enough to get contacted for a deal. For all I know, I could be tossing one away. Just trying to think ahead, considering my situation. Wanna' make sure I don't/haven't accidently miss(ed) out on something. Comments are greatly appreciated.ibanez468

samonbass
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Question for those who have received deals...

Post by samonbass » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:17 am

I just recently got contacted via email from a music library & the subject line was "taxi music submission", it wasnt in my bulk folder. If you ever get a funny feeling one of those US numbers are music libraries, make sure you answer them, cuz you never know, your gut instinct may be right.Good luckSam.

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:29 am

most companies contacted me via email, one or two where by phone.if I was you I'd find a solution to get rid of all the spammers (junk filter on email, phone - uuuhm, don't know the exactly situation in the u.s., but here in switzerland it's possible to lock your number for commercial unsolicited callers).hope that helpsmartin
production, composition & stringed instruments

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ncc1701 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:00 am

Mine came as an e-mail with just the name of the library as the subject line. It went straight to my spam filter because Norton didn't recognize the sender, but I check that mailbox frequently - though I suspect my e-mail volume is a lot lower than yours.This was on a day when I totally wasn't thinking about TAXI submissions, and the e-mail popped up. Made me catch my breath when I saw it!Kathleen

rld
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by rld » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:45 am

I've had emails and phone calls.Emails usually have something referring to TAXI in the subject.I've missed calls and messages have been left so I would say someone interested in your songs would leave a message.I agree that you should find a way to lower the amount of spam.You certainly wouldn't want a potential contact to get sent to the trash.I hardly get any spam but I don't know why.(Knocking on wood)

jmather
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jmather » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:01 pm

Hey Ibanez - my one deal email said "Your Cd" in the subject. To tell you the truth, I didn't think it was going to be anything good by reading the subject because I also get a lot of junk, music type emails. Like gitarrero says, try to minimize the junk.peace bro

vicky
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by vicky » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:09 am

my contacts were via email.....one was almost deleted, because it had the name of the person at the library...in the subject....eyes open is all I can say......my phone is ringing off the hook for the election...Stevie Wonder called to say he loves me....and to vote... good luck VTBP

mikegoudreau
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mikegoudreau » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:27 am

Hey Ibanez468,Since joining Taxi, I've had emails for deals from 5 different libraries and I believe that in the subject line it was '' Taxi listing '' or something like that on most of them...I always check my junk mail carefully...Just in case I miss one...I understand your concern.Best of luck,Mike

slideboardouts
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by slideboardouts » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:02 pm

My contact was via email and the subject line was "taxi music submission." -Steve

bigbluebarry
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bigbluebarry » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:38 am

hey ibanez468... I haven't received a deal yet but I had a thought for you. I would create a new e-mail account (G-mail has a great free one you can use) and have it be attached to my Taxi account. I would also make sure that is the only place that I give this e-mail account to. That would help cut down on the spam you receive and also make it easier to centralize all of your possible deals and taxi stuff. Just a thought...
Imagine a steel cage match between Daughtry, Coldplay, Paramore and Demon Hunter with Joe Satriani as the referee...

http://www.taxi.com/bigbluebarry
http://www.bigbluebarry.com
http://www.twitter.com/bigbluebarry