Four more deals

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Four more deals

Post by hummingbird » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:29 am

Quote:Quote:Casey, who is that cute guy? Some guy but 30 years and 30 pounds ago... so what? those are just numbers.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

vicky
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by vicky » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:06 am

fantastic for you and us !!!! better luck next time...

mikegoudreau
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mikegoudreau » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:31 am

Hello Vicky the bassplayer,Quote:better luck next time... Better luck for what ?

vicky
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by vicky » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:44 am

Quote:better luck next time...Better luck for what ?oops...sarcasm is very tricky in web-speak.........I meant that Quote:Deal # 35 in 1 year! is ridiculously successful happenings for your music......I don't even have 35 songs... vicky

michael11
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by michael11 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:54 am

Quote:Quote:better luck next time...Better luck for what ?oops...sarcasm is very tricky in web-speak.........I meant that Quote:Deal # 35 in 1 year! is ridiculously successful happenings for your music......I don't even have 35 songs... vickyI think I understand Vicky's sense of humour. Maybe it's because we are bass player's or maybe she has European ancestry and with that goes a natural irony,so for example,if my son gets 100% in an exam,my usual response is "is that the best you could do?"!!!It's really a compliment.
All's Well That Ends Well

www.michaelgaughan.rocks

mikegoudreau
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mikegoudreau » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:07 am

Thanks for explaining that to me Vicky...I guess I'm a little slow sometimes...P.S. I've been recording my own albums ( 8 in total ) for 16 years now so I have about 100+ tunes in the can and maybe another 40 that are un-finished ( and writing for listings weekly )...So it's not that I'm so prolific...In time I'm sure you'll have a bunch too ! Oh yeah I must mention that more than half of those 35 deals I made myself by contacting and submitting more songs those companies after the original forwards...So it's not just because I get forwarded alot...But of course you NEED that forward to get your foot in that darn door to start with !! Taxi works !!Now if I can get a few placements I'll be all set ! LOL !Hey Micheal 11 ...I'm French Canadian and I played bass 8 years before becoming a guitarist...So I think I'm just a little slow and I don't know Vicky's humour yet...I'll work on that LOL !

vicky
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by vicky » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:21 am

for now I'll spell humour like a Canadian I can't believe the number of tunes you have..that's fantastic!!!Vicky

heinsite
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by heinsite » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:26 am

holy bejesus mike-- you are now an official hero of mine, and i've never met a canadian i didn't like ...all the best!!!!!!

mikegoudreau
Impressive
Impressive

Post by mikegoudreau » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:27 am

Hey Vicky I modified my last post..This will explain my spelling mistakes !! LOL !Cheers, Mike

michael11
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by michael11 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:47 am

Quote:Thanks for explaining that to me Vicky...I guess I'm a little slow sometimes...P.S. I've been recording my own albums ( 8 in total ) for 16 years now so I have about 100+ tunes in the can and maybe another 40 that are un-finished ( and writing for listings weekly )...So it's not that I'm so prolific...In time I'm sure you'll have a bunch too ! Oh yeah I must mention that more than half of those 35 deals I made myself by contacting and submitting more songs those companies after the original forwards...So it's not just because I get forwarded alot...But of course you NEED that forward to get your foot in that darn door to start with !! Taxi works !!Now if I can get a few placements I'll be all set ! LOL !Hey Micheal 11 ...I'm French Canadian and I played bass 8 years before becoming a guitarist...So I think I'm just a little slow and I don't know Vicky's humour yet...I'll work on that LOL ! Hello Mike,you will know then, as an ex- bass player when the crowd is screaming and shouting for more at the end of the night,it's all because of the bassline's you have been playing and the rest of the band is purely incidental. Oh us poor unsung hero's of the lower octaves,at least Bach knew how to treat us.
All's Well That Ends Well

www.michaelgaughan.rocks