Comments from a Newbie

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

eugene

Comments from a Newbie

Post by eugene » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:01 pm

Just a note to say hello and congrats to the individuals who have shared their success stories. I am rather new to Taxi and the forums, but decided to give it a try. I am a member of a 60's rock group called "The Brymers." Until 12 months ago, I had no idea that one of our songs (Sacrifice) has been on numerous compilation LP's and CD's over the years. As a result of Taxi, I found this info out and a label released all of the group's recording output of the 60's (June, 2007). Due to Taxi, a number of the tracks have been forwarded. Two publishing houses have contacted me and expressed interest in wanting the some of the tracks. As a result, all original members re-united and recorded 14 original tracks in July, 2007. The songs all have that 60's retro sound (fuzz guitar, harmonica, and melodic harmonies). I am hoping that some of these might be forwarded to individuals looking for this type of sound. Thanks to Taxi, The Brymers are back in the business. And, many thanks to all of you for your passion for the music business.Eugene visit: www.thebrymers.com itunes.com cdbaby.com 60sgaragebands.com

ljweber70
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Comments from a Newbie

Post by ljweber70 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:00 am

Eugene,"Reunited, 'cause it feels so good..." Congrats!!!!I don't know if you are a dispatch member, but here is the listing that came out this morning that might interest you:SONGS FROM THE 60'S in ANY GENRE/STYLE are sought by a Music Publisher with tons of film/TV placements, for a "Lost and Found" Compilation projectthat will run through a major retailer. These songs can either be written &recorded in the 1960's specifically, or can be contemporary/current tracks thatare inspired by the sounds of the 60's. All genres (Rock, R&B, Country,Pop, etc.) will be considered for this project. Great performances are an absolutemust. He splits the license fee with you 40/60 [that 60% is for you] and he doesn'ttake any publishing. The company’s president will screen the submissions. Broadcastquality needed [excellent home recordings are OK]. Please submit one to three songsonline or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI. For ground submissions, please enclose a S.A.S.E. if you wouldlike a response. As always, we will notify everyone via e-mail, whether your submissionshave been Forwarded or Returned. Submissions must be received no later than 12 Noon, Pacific Standard Time (California time), Monday, February 18, 2008. TAXI # D080218HABest of Luck,Larry

eugene

Re: Comments from a Newbie

Post by eugene » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:02 am

Larry:Many thanks for the Dispatch Update. I am a member, but have been busy and totally missed that one.Eugene