Baby, I'm #1

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Mark Kaufman
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Baby, I'm #1

Post by Mark Kaufman » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:35 am

I might not be making any money at this, but I've cracked the Top Ten on Soundclick, which really cracks me up, being the old guy that I am. (Okay, most of us know that 46 ain't old...but it sure was when I was 19!)Two days ago I finished a rough home recording of "I Wrote This Song for Cash" and tossed it up on Soundclick.Today I'm #9 on the country charts. And in the Rockabilly charts...baby, I'm #1: The Charts.Small potatoes, for sure, but it put a smile on my face...and now my daughters think their dad is the Bomb. Guess that makes me Top of the Pops...

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Baby, I'm #1

Post by squids » Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:42 am

Lyle! Hee!! You da MAN. It's always a thrill to be top dog with our kids, isn't it? Give 'em something to aim at. Jes like a target. I know I'm tryin' to raise the bar with mine. It keeps us all on our toes. Congrats!

Mark Kaufman
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Mark Kaufman » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:09 pm

Haha, thank you, Your Squidliness! Sometimes just having happy daughters trumps any other kind of success.

lopc
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lopc » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:46 pm

Great news, dude. Really great picture! Yeah, I clicked. Loved the interview thing, the BEATLES comments gave me the feeling I ain't the only one who sees that! Nice voice, also, I might add. You go boy!!!!!!!!!!

Mark Kaufman
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Mark Kaufman » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:02 pm

Quote:Great news, dude. Really great picture! Yeah, I clicked. Loved the interview thing, the BEATLES comments gave me the feeling I ain't the only one who sees that! Nice voice, also, I might add. You go boy!!!!!!!!!!Thanks, lopc! Ah, but how quickly the mighty are fallen. I've been bumped to #2, and the glory has passed.But I remember it like it was only yesterday...