Song on WB!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

echoman

Song on WB!

Post by echoman » Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:36 am

Hi everyone,I'm new to the forum but have been a TAXI member for years. I just discovered the forum and wanted to say that this was the best holiday season ever. Well, at least the best since I got the He-Man castle when I was 5. Last February, I signed a publishing deal with my band "Echo Helstrom". I got that deal from a TAXI forward and was really excited. I also want you to know that I had been getting tons of forwards for years without ever hearing from the recipient. I had slacked off on submitting to TAXI because, after 2 or 3 years of forwards, hadn't had even an email. Then suddenly I get this phone call. They had the CD sitting on their desk for months and finally listened to it. It is a major publishing company in LA that does tons of work with film and TV. Anyway, I signed last February and would intermittently hear from the publisher but without any placements. I started to turn my attention elsewhere when I got a call a couple of weeks ago. They have placed my song 'Where I Sleep' on an episode of a show on WB. One of those shows that even shows the band name and CD cover in the credits! I'm really excited and hope it leads to more. Needless to say, I started submitting to TAXI again. Being new to this forum, I am not sure what the protocol is. I'm dying to tell everyone what the show is!!! Do we do that here? Or not get into details?

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Song on WB!

Post by matto » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:12 am

echoman!SUPER CONGRATS to you, this is fantastic. You can absolutely mention the name of the show...which episode...when it airs, all of that.The one thing you can't share is the name of the company that signed and placed your music, Taxi likes to keep this private so those companies don't get flooded with a bunch of unsolicited submissions.Best of luck to you, hope it leads to even much more...

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:29 am

Quote: Hi everyone,Hello... hello... hello... Quote:I had slacked off on submitting to TAXI because, after 2 or 3 years of forwards, hadn't had even an email. Then suddenly I get this phone call. Wait a minute... are you stealing my story? I actually didn't renew one year because I was getting nothing... then I get a music library deal from a forward the previous year. I re-upped with Taxi pretty quick and ended up getting another nice deal. My Taxi membership will now expire only when I do. Quote:Being new to this forum, I am not sure what the protocol is. I'm dying to tell everyone what the show is!!! Do we do that here? Or not get into details?We're a bunch of busy-bodies and we're dying to know. Don't mention the name of the company but definitely tell us the name of the show, when and where we can hear the music. A preview of the track, if possible, would be really cool so we can easily recognize it. Gitarrero had something on WB (I think it was WB) not too long ago and I missed it (and still kicking myself). Congratulations and welcome to the forum!Dave

jh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jh » Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:56 am

Congrats Echoman!!! Quote:Hello... hello... hello... - JH

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:00 am

ECHOMAN!!!!!What a great way to say welcome to the forums. That's HUGE, man. Big congrats. PLEASE let us know what time and what show. This is too cool.Here's wishing you a New Year filled with even MORE good news.Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:27 am

Hey, welcome aboard -- and kudos to you!!!! It can take a loooonnng time and a lot of pitches/forwards to get that deal, but isn't it really cool when it finally happens! Here's wishing you many more!!cheersHummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

echoman

Post by echoman » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:49 am

Wow! What a quick and wonderful response to my post! You sure know how to make a guy feel welcome. The show is "One Tree Hill" and I find out next week when it airs! I'll be sure to let you know!Hey, when is the next road rally?

echoman

Post by echoman » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:51 am

Oh yeah... I forgot to mention. The song is called "Where I Sleep". I stream the whole album on my website for free so you can check it out. Just click on the song name. The website is http://www.echohelstrom.orgAlso, here is the myspace: http://www.myspace.com/echohelstromI would love your thoughts, critiques, cheers and jeers!

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bmete » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:34 pm

That's wonderful Echoman,SWEET!!!!Nice tracks and webpage...Here's to 2008!Bob

djdeweese
Impressive
Impressive

Post by djdeweese » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:29 pm

Congrats Echoman! Also, thanks for sharing your story. I've had a couple dozen forwards, but no calls or emails, so I need to hear the "hang in there" message to keep me going.Great sounding tracks and slick web site. So what's the show?!??