"What am I doing wrong?"....the update

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

nycoach
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: "What am I doing wrong?"....the update

Post by nycoach » Mon Dec 24, 2007 2:13 am

Just my luck...The producer told me he was sending me a contract the next day, and that was a week ago, and now he won't return my emails. Too funny. Oh well, what can you do. I seem to have the worst luck with this crap, so I'm heading back on tour for a while....

ragani
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ragani » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:21 am

Hey coach,I've been there before-- had a movie in Canada that was going to use one of our songs, but then I guess they must have decided against it. Then again, I've also had a producer in LA who said they wanted us to produce music for their productions, said he'd send me a contract, and now (a year later) he asked again for my address to send the contract as the music has now been placed in his productions and is ready to go. Funny music world. Guess you just never know... Hang in there, and don't hang too much on any one contract... I'm banking on plenty more coming your way. You've got some great tracks, and it's just a matter of time before they are all fighting over them! Happy touring to you! Raags
"Whatever you can do, or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it..." - Goethe
http://www.RaganiWorld.com - Turn the World to Love®
http://www.taximusic.com/hosting/home.php?artist=ragani

nycoach
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by nycoach » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:46 am

Raags, you are awesome! Thank you! I'm thankful that I can do music full time, even if it involves touring, but I know that someday it will all work out for me with the songwriting side instead. I'm not down about this, I actually find this latest deal kind of funny. What can you do? I truly thank you for all of the positive feedback though!

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:30 am

Yeah Coach, don't get your drawers in a knot. It's Christmas, brother. This business almost completely shuts down here for a couple weeks or so.Imagine this is your guy at his desk rite now. He's preoccupied. and he's just had 3 rum & egg nogs.Look up, it's not the sky falling, it's raining love & presents!Quote:Just my luck...The producer told me he was sending me a contract the next day, and that was a week ago, and now he won't return my emails. Too funny. Oh well, what can you do. I seem to have the worst luck with this crap, so I'm heading back on tour for a while....

edteja
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by edteja » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:32 pm

Congratulations on that success.
"In the future, when we finally get over racism, bigotry, and everyone is purple, red, and brown ... then we'll have to hate people for who they truly are."--George Carlin

nycoach
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by nycoach » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:25 am

Yet again, you guys were right....I got the contract this morning!

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:01 am

Quote:Yet again, you guys were right....I got the contract this morning! Nothing ever happens fast. One of the projects I'm working on where I'm waiting for feedback, I finally get an email from the guy and it's an invitation to join Facebook. Oh well... it's always hurry up and wait. He'll get back to me eventually and if there's any chances needed it'll be "Oh man... I gotta have these ASAP!".

nycoach
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by nycoach » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:07 am

Bingo! The facebook thing is funny though. Dave, thanks again for all of the encouragement. Seriously!

tinozigzag
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tinozigzag » Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:24 am

Congradulations on your success.TINO