Three Song Licensing Deal!!!!!!!!!!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Three Song Licensing Deal!!!!!!!!!!

Post by hummingbird » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:27 pm

Quote:Just got the email about two minutes ago. They want to sign "Sagebrush & Orchids" AND both versions of "Song for the Quilt". The contract was attached to the email.wooHOO!!!!!I really DO need to get internet service at home so I'm not always crying in public like this. And hopefully, I'll get so used to hearing (more and more) news like this that it won't make me tear up so easily.This couldn't have happened without the support of TAXI and these boards.Thank you, thank you, thank you.TedOMG TED!!!!!!!! This is SO fantastic I just want to jump for joy for you. I'm sending you a thousand hugs!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:30 pm

Now I'm just sitting here crying with a student waiting outside my door, lol... dreams really can come true if you do the work to become who you are meant to be... you deserve your success, Ted, and may this be the first of many such offers coming your way
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:35 pm

Quote:Quote:Just got the email about two minutes ago. They want to sign "Sagebrush & Orchids" AND both versions of "Song for the Quilt". The contract was attached to the email.wooHOO!!!!!I really DO need to get internet service at home so I'm not always crying in public like this. And hopefully, I'll get so used to hearing (more and more) news like this that it won't make me tear up so easily.This couldn't have happened without the support of TAXI and these boards.Thank you, thank you, thank you.TedOMG TED!!!!!!!! This is SO fantastic I just want to jump for joy for you. I'm sending you a thousand hugs!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

ciskokidd
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ciskokidd » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:37 pm

WOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!Go on Ted with your bad self! That is awesome news buddy. I'm so happy for you. Do I hear the sound of more music coming from New Mexico, hmmm?Here's to you! All the best as always,Cisco

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:23 pm

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTED!!! I knew ya had it in ya cAsEy

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:02 pm

TED!!This is such a great story! 3 months ago you thought there was NO way you'd ever be able to attend the Road Rally. So you reached out to friends and family and found people who believed in you and made the trip possible.And here you are, barely a month after the Rally...a published songwriter. This is such a great Taxi success story, and beyond that, such a great *human* success story!Way to prove to your friends and relatives that their belief in you was justified! They must be so proud of you...almost as proud as we dots are!(By now Ted's probably in tears again... ).Seriously though...now you have a blueprint for success. You know what works and how it works. Now all you have to do is keep repeating this pattern, be persistent and let nothing get you off track.matto

stick
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by stick » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:22 pm

Yeah, what he said. Oh, and congrats, my friend.

dgolding
Impressive
Impressive

Post by dgolding » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:28 pm

Fantastic news Forum dwellers seem to be kicking ass lately long may it endure
It's a fine line between a thick soup and stew.

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:12 pm

Yeah Ted!! Way to go!!When I heard your stuff a few months ago, I was very impressed and I'm not surprised that things are happening for you now! Let this be a real affirmation of the quality of your work and enjoy and then get back to writing!!!Take care and congrats!!!!!Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

jh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jh » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:15 pm

Congrats Ted!!!!!Three song licensing deal, wow, that´s a really good start. You will bring more good things into your life by expressing gratitude for what you have already accomplished.Quote:The truest of tearsSeem to me to be the onesShed in gratitude.-Ted Fox, 1982 - JH