Bitter Sweet Success

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ljweber70
Impressive
Impressive

Bitter Sweet Success

Post by ljweber70 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:08 am

A month or two ago, I signed a contract with a company to write original songs for sick / dying children. I learned about the company because of a Taxi listing. Yesterday, I received a small check for an original song I wrote for a sick child in Pennsylvania. The moment was bitter sweet -- for the first time, I was holding compensation for creating original music! However, there is a child out there facing monumental challenges that I can't begin to comprehend. So here I sit with a check and two beautiful, healthy children while a family somewhere else wonders if this will be their last Christmas with this young man. I hope and pray that my gift of music will somehow brighten this family's life. Therein lies the success to this story.Larry

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Bitter Sweet Success

Post by tedsingingfox » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:16 am

Quote:A month or two ago, I signed a contract with a company to write original songs for sick / dying children. I learned about the company because of a Taxi listing. Yesterday, I received a small check for an original song I wrote for a sick child in Pennsylvania. The moment was bitter sweet -- for the first time, I was holding compensation for creating original music! However, there is a child out there facing monumental challenges that I can't begin to comprehend. So here I sit with a check and two beautiful, healthy children while a family somewhere else wonders if this will be their last Christmas with this young man. I hope and pray that my gift of music will somehow brighten this family's life. Therein lies the success to this story.Larry Jesus, Larry. That's incredible. Not only your success, but your incredibly selfless attitude about it. You are truly the sort of man I hope and pray I can become. This story of yours just ripped me up. Congratulations, man. You also need to take into account the unspeakable joy you brought that kid and his family. You have reason to hold your head up high and rejoice.And say thank you. Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:31 am

Whether you get to find out how much you made a difference in that child's life, it doesn't change what it must feel like for you, personally. Many of life's best moments, are bittersweet. What a wonderful thing to be part of Larry.Music always makes people's lives better, both creating it, and listening to it. As a father with 3 kids, the blessing we parents receive, are so important. They give us a very unique ability to care about the rest of the children in this world. Thank you so much for sharing this story, and thanks to Taxi, for finding such an awesome opportunity to make a difference.And you got paid, YAHOO!Quote:A month or two ago, I signed a contract with a company to write original songs for sick / dying children. I learned about the company because of a Taxi listing. Yesterday, I received a small check for an original song I wrote for a sick child in Pennsylvania. The moment was bitter sweet -- for the first time, I was holding compensation for creating original music! However, there is a child out there facing monumental challenges that I can't begin to comprehend. So here I sit with a check and two beautiful, healthy children while a family somewhere else wonders if this will be their last Christmas with this young man. I hope and pray that my gift of music will somehow brighten this family's life. Therein lies the success to this story.Larry

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:37 am

Quote:Jesus, Larry. That's incredible. Not only your success, but your incredibly selfless attitude about it. You are truly the sort of man I hope and pray I can become... He's a Texan. Need I say more

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:40 am

Quote:A month or two ago, I signed a contract with a company to write original songs for sick / dying children. I learned about the company because of a Taxi listing. Yesterday, I received a small check for an original song I wrote for a sick child in Pennsylvania. The moment was bitter sweet -- for the first time, I was holding compensation for creating original music! However, there is a child out there facing monumental challenges that I can't begin to comprehend. So here I sit with a check and two beautiful, healthy children while a family somewhere else wonders if this will be their last Christmas with this young man. I hope and pray that my gift of music will somehow brighten this family's life. Therein lies the success to this story.Larry LarryBittersweet it may be. But to contribute something (even a small thing) to an unwell child's optimism, must rank up there (spiritually) with the greatest gift you could give any child. Well done (and thank you) for that. We'd all love to give hope to a child like this through our music.Liam

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:42 am

It is so sad, Larry. At least you had the opportunity to bring some joy to that child & family through the gift of music from your heart. Quote:A month or two ago, I signed a contract with a company to write original songs for sick / dying children. I learned about the company because of a Taxi listing. Yesterday, I received a small check for an original song I wrote for a sick child in Pennsylvania. The moment was bitter sweet -- for the first time, I was holding compensation for creating original music! However, there is a child out there facing monumental challenges that I can't begin to comprehend. So here I sit with a check and two beautiful, healthy children while a family somewhere else wonders if this will be their last Christmas with this young man. I hope and pray that my gift of music will somehow brighten this family's life. Therein lies the success to this story.Larry
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:54 am

Quote:Quote:Jesus, Larry. That's incredible. Not only your success, but your incredibly selfless attitude about it. You are truly the sort of man I hope and pray I can become... He's a Texan. Need I say more Aub, don't MAKE me come to Oklahoma and throttle you... I thought you and Liam settled this discussion once and for all at the Rally.
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:23 pm

Hi LarryAs others said, you've done something good by brightening up a sick child's life. One suggestion if the "bittersweet" bothers you (I absolutely understand!) is to take a portion (even a small one) of the money and donate it to a good cause related to helping sick children. That way your effort will have done double duty.Warmest,Casey

bmete
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by bmete » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:15 pm

Hi Larry,You made a huge impact on that family. I believe in the saying that your talent is God's gift, what you do with it is how you repay him. Writing for a terminally ill child(or person) is a wonderful use of your talent. Yeah, Bittersweet, indeed, I have 3 kids.. and felt everything you're feeling. Always look on the bright side, " How you brightened someones life" The company I work for is a big sponsor of Make A Wish--- A year ago April our "Child" was a 6 year girl named Yasmine- ( with an inoperable spider brain tumor). She loved Butterflies & Princesses, at the company luncheon for her, all the ladies in the company dressed up as Butterflies and Princesses, then released live Butterflies.... it moved me very much, and I wrote her her own little song " Butterflies & Princesess".... it brought her and her family a lot of joy.. unfortunately, Yasmine never saw Christmas last year, Yasmine is gone but her song lives on.Keep writing always!Bob

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:46 pm

Quote:Quote:Jesus, Larry. That's incredible. Not only your success, but your incredibly selfless attitude about it. You are truly the sort of man I hope and pray I can become... He's a Texan. Need I say more Oh, puleeze. LOLOLSo cute, y'all.