Another Deal Offer thanks to TAXI

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ddusty
Impressive
Impressive

Another Deal Offer thanks to TAXI

Post by ddusty » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:33 pm

This one is kind of nice (well, they are all nice!)Got an offer from a publishing company that also accepts unsolicited material. (I know there were people complaining about paying 5 bucks for a submission they could do for free)But how about this twist, I had previously submitted the same material outside of TAXI (through the unsolicited method) and the song was rejected. Same song was accepted through the TAXI listing.After speaking with a rep for the company, they were not really interested in Rootsy music back then (primarily looking for Rock or Urban) but were needing to increase their catalog, thus the TAXI listing.Just another example that TAXI is not trying to steal our money $5 at a time.So if you do see that you were forwarded to a company that excepts unsolicited material, they are more then likely "real" interested in the style listed (opposed to every style that comes through the virtual mail slot)Thanks TAXI!Rob

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Another Deal Offer thanks to TAXI

Post by tedsingingfox » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:41 pm

Congrats, Rob.You're helping to better motivate myself to become less timid about following through and sending in MORE unsolicited stuff to libraries that I've been forwarded to.EVERY deal offer is worth at least a scream and a shout and a big wooHOO!!!!!(that was as close as I could get to the color "gold". AND that "wooHOO!" was supposed to be about 5 times bigger than that. Sorry. No less happy for you and your terrific news.)Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

dmitchell
Active
Active

Post by dmitchell » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:43 pm

Congrats Rob, Way to persevere.dave

ddusty
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ddusty » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:44 pm

Thanks guys, but this one wasn't exactly perseverance, as you never know who you are submitting too.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:40 am

Big congrats, Dusty.....you're really on a roll lately! Also congrats to Martin and anyone else who got a deal lately.

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:55 am

Good job, Dusty!! and thanks for the inside info, good ta know.