October Member Deals!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

taxidave
Active
Active

October Member Deals!

Post by taxidave » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:47 am

Thank you everyone for sending me your deals this past month! Most of these deals were sent to me from you guys here on the forums, so give yourselves a big pat on the back! You deserve it! Member Deals: 10/1/2007-10/31/2007Richard Emmet (Portland, OR)-After being forwarded to a Music Library that provides music to Major Studio trailers in 2003, Richard Emmet let his TAXI Membership lapse because nothing came of his forwards. Richard has recently received a placement for his song “Fantasy Film Cue” in the recent major motion picture trailer “Elizabeth: The Golden Age” staring Cate Blanchett and Clive Owen. This was all due to a forward from TAXI 4 years ago!Martin Haene (Switzerland)-Martin Haene’s song “Nothing Can Compare” was forwarded to a new LA based music library and was signed for a non-exclusive agreement. The song was re-titled “All And Everything” and will be featured on a Lincoln Heights episode in 2008 on ABC Family.Martin Haene (Switzerland)-Martin Haene recently had a song placed through the Director of an Independent Film about teenage bank robbers. Through a TAXI Dispatch listing, his song titled “Hit The Road” was featured in this movie.Martin Haene (Switzerland)-Martin Haene’s song “Put ‘Em Up” was forwarded through TAXI to a new LA-based Music Library and was recently signed for a non-exclusive agreement. The song was re-titled “Turn It Up” for this deal, and it was used for a worldwide ring tone deal.Martin Haene (Switzerland)-Martin Haene’s cover song “Mario You Should Let Me Love You - Playback” was signed for a non-exclusive deal to an LA-based Music Library through a TAXI listing.John Polier (Quakertown, PA)-“Dear Mike Laskow....sign me back up! Because of Taxi, my music has been used on The Cartoon Network, CNN, TBS, 3 documentaries on The History Channel, an episode of The Simple Life, TNN, Fox, E! Entertainment, Sirius Satellite, and XM Satellite. I've received royalties from Japan, Hong Kong, Mexico, Sweden, The United Kingdom, and of course, The United States! Writing this now, it seems almost unbelievable, but it's true. Prior to Taxi, I couldn't get arrested in this town! See you at the Road Rally!Sincerely, John Polier”Gary L. Driskell (Independence, MO)-After being a TAXI member for only 1 month, Gary Driskell had 1 of his Spiritual Hymn songs forwarded to the Director of Worship Music at an online Music Library/Publisher. The Director liked his song, and requested more, and Gary has just signed a 2-song deal. This was a direct connection through a TAXI Dispatch listing. Here’s what Gary had to say: "Even as one who makes a living writing and arranging, Taxi gets me connections I would not otherwise have known about. I've only been a member since September and already scored a 2-song deal!"Nathan C. George (Murphysboro, IL)-Nathan George’s very first submission through TAXI was forwarded and eventually received a licensing deal for a 5 CD series [to be released as set] by an Arts/Educational organization. This organization will distribute this project worldwide via music stores, the internet, schools, etc.Phyllis Fishleder (San Diego, CA)-Phyllis Fishleder’s Christmas song “Something in the Air” was cut on Tracy Lawrence’s exclusive Christmas album titled “All Wrapped Up IN Christmas” exclusively sold at Wal Mart.Barry Thompson (Thomaston, CT)-After being forwarded through TAXI for his song "Surf Swingin'", Barry Thompson recently received a deal from an Owner of a new Music Library for a 5-song licensing deal. Here’s what Barry had to say: “I am 47, have been professional performer since 1978, joined TAXI and installed a home studio in 2002 and finally after working on my craft, paying heed to critiques, I have achieved success as a writer/producer/engineer. The validation alone as an artist is worth every dollar I have spent along the way.....”Karen Bjorklund (Milwaukie, OR)-Through Karen Bjorklund’s first Dispatch submission, she received a 2 song licensing deal for her two instrumental Celtic tunes. The Owner of this Music Production Library liked her songs and requested more. 4 more of her tracks were shortly signed to this Library. The other 4 were a Comedy/Novelty tune, another Celtic tune, and 2 classical instrumentals.Here’s what Karen had to say: “Something else I wanted to mention: one thing that allowed me to respond to the Dispatch listings was having my music already uploaded to a TAXI music hosting site. If TAXI had not come out with it's own easy-to-use service this year, I probably would not have had music on a hosting site and would not have responded to the Dispatch listing. And I wouldn't have this deal. So thanks for that. It definitely helped me.”Jason A. Fellman (Portland, OR)-Jason Fellman’s song “The Little Things” was used in the production of wedding DVD’s through an internet-based company that specializes in producing DVDs and slide shows for professional photographers. Here’s what Jason had to say: “I never imagined getting paid for my music, so I'm pretty stoked about it. Now I get a check once a month. My Taxi membership has already paid for itself and then some!”Ulf Pettersson (Sweden)-Ulf Pettersson has made many connections through TAXI with multiple libraries around the world. Currently he had 3 of his songs signed to a LA-based Music Library. This was through a “Y” listing. Here’s what Ulf had to say: “I never thought it possible that a totally unknown songwriter from Sweden, such as myself would be able to sign songs with Publishers around the world, without taking one single step outside the domains of my little home studio.”Ulf Pettersson (Sweden)-Ulf Pettersson’s songs “Seabed” and “Fields of Tranquility” were forwarded through TAXI to a U.K.-based Music Library/Publishing Co. that specializes in TV placement. After they received Ulf’s songs, they requested more music and signed 8 songs total to the company. This connection was through two TAXI “Y” listings.Ulf Pettersson (Sweden)-Ulf Pettersson’s songs “Vision of the Prey” and “Factory Floor” were forwarded and later signed by the President of an LA-based Music Library. Ronald W. Jackson (Brooklyn, NY)-Ronald Jackson just received a 5-song licensing deal through a TAXI Dispatch listing for his Jazz instrumentals with an owner of a new Music Library.Anthony Giaimo (Torrance, CA)-Anthony Giaimo submitted his song “Something Special” through TAXI and was forwarded to the President of an LA-based Music Library. His song was eventually signed with this company in May of 2007 and the song was re-named “Big T.”Lanny Sherwin (Santa Barbara, CA)-Lanny Sherwin, President of a children’s label (Sandman Records), was forwarded through TAXI for his songs, and received a deal with an internet-based company that specializes in producing DVDs and slide shows for professional photographers.Roberta M. Magnotti (Middletown, NJ)-Roberta Magnotti signed a contract with a new Music Library run by a library industry pro for her song “Blue Velvet Night” renamed “Mystical Moonlight.”Roberta M. Magnotti (Middletown, NJ)-Roberta Magnotti’s instrumental version of her song “Blue Velvet Night” was signed by the Owner of a new Music Library looking to place her song in Film, TV, and commercial projects. Her song was renamed “Close Your Eyes.”Chas Edwards, Jr. (Brooklyn, NY)-After signing a contract back in March with a large Music Publisher/Production/Producer Management Company that has offices in Los Angeles and Europe, Chas Edwards has recently been contacted again to sign a contract for usage of his songs on MTV. This was all through a TAXI Dispatch listing.Harry Kopy (South Amboy, NJ)-Harry Kopy’s band “Those Dreaded Gnats” just completed a deal with a long-distance/online educational company (based in the UK and accredited by one of the world’s leading & largest vocational awarding organizations) that specializes in audio engineering and music recording training. They signed a non-exclusive deal for their song “Soft Place To Land,” and was re-named “A Warm Place To Stay.” Steve G. Soucy (Vancouver, Canada)-Steve A Gilbert’s song “I Found Myself” was forwarded through TAXI to a new LA-based Music Library that placed his song in the ABC Family show Lincoln Heights, episode 2006, aired on Oct. 9th.Gary Sredzienski (Kittery, ME)-Gary Sredzienski’s song “Tuscan Stroll” was used in the ABC show “Dirty Sexy Money” episode 104, aired on Oct. 17th. This was through a new LA-based music library forwarded through TAXI.Charlie Ernst (Hightstown, NJ)-Charlie Ernst was recently offered a deal through the President of an LA-based Music Library for his two National Anthem tracks “God Save Ireland” and “The Star Spangled Banner.” This was through a TAXI Dispatch listing.Matt Hirt (Reseda, CA)-Matt Hirt’s song “Algiers Disco” will be used twice on the 11/1/2007 episode of “It’s Always Sunny In Philadelphia” aired on FX.Matt Hirt (Reseda, CA)-Matt Hirt’s song “Algiers Disco” was currently placed as a background vocal to the Showtime series “Brotherhood.” This episode will air on 11/4/2007.William Gaunce (Norfolk, VA)-Bill Gaunce recently received the call that his song “Midnight Train” will be placed in an upcoming Indie Horror Movie. This was through a Dispatch listing for the President of a Los Angeles-based Publishing Company.Nita H. Hereford (Ocean Springs, MS)-Nita Hope currently is in the middle of a pending deal with the President of a Los Angeles-based Publishing Company for 5 of her songs. There is a possibility that one of her songs could be used in the new TV show on FOX, K-Ville.Stan Pyrzanowski (New York, NY)-Stan Pyrzanowski’s song was forwarded to a LA-based Music Library and signed a deal for one of his songs. After they signed the 1-song deal, they requested more music from him!Robert Raede (Santa Barbara, CA)-Rob Raede recently signed a publishing deal with the Owner of a Music Production Library based in Texas through a TAXI listing. This was a single song deal for an instrumental track he composed and played on solo guitar. Rob said: “That's actually not something I do often, but I had this song sitting on the shelf for about 4 years, and I thought--what the heck, why not submit it?” Michael Laskow replies: “Congratulations! A GREAT example of how a solo instrumental can get you a deal just as easily as a full production. And from something sitting on a shelf for 4 years. People never listen to me, but I've been telling them this EXACT thing for YEARS!!!!”Robert Pastore (St. Petersburg, FL)-Robert Pastore was forwarded to the President of an Artist Management/Publishing Company for one of his songs. The President of the company liked his song and requested more material. 9 of Robert’s songs were eventually signed.Gary Sredzienski (Kittery, ME)-Gary Sredzienski’s song “Tuscan Stroll” was recently placed in the 50th episode of CBS’s “Everybody Hates Chris” through an LA-based Music Library owned by music veterans. It will be airing Nov. 5th during the French restaurant scene.Ruth Roshan (Australia)-Ruth Roshan’s song “Walking Away” was recently placed in the 50th episode of CBS’s “Everybody Hates Chris” through an LA-based Music Library owned by music veterans. It will be airing Nov. 5th during the French restaurant scene.Mike Goudreau (Canada)-Mike Goudreau’s song “Blues en Blouson” (renamed “Wind Breaker Blues”) was recently placed in the 50th episode of CBS’s “Everybody Hates Chris” through an LA-based Music Library owned by music veterans. It will be airing Nov. 5th during the French restaurant scene.Here’s what Mike said: “My agent was very suspicious of me actually seeing any money in this TAXI thing, but now the proof is in the pudding!!”Blair Bielawski (Delafield, WI)-A forward through TAXI to a Music Publisher with tons of TAXI song placements is still reaping benefits for Blair Bielawski, as Blair’s Big Band song “Been A Long Time” was currently used on the 9/25/07 episode of Damages on FX.Blair Bielawski (Delafield, WI)-Blair Bielawski recently had 2 of his songs placed in Showtime’s hit “Brotherhood.” The songs aired on the 10/28/2007 episode.Blair Bielawski (Delafield, WI)-Blair Bielawski’s song “This Time Of Year” was used in the 10/1/07 episode of CBS’ “How I Met Your Mother.”Once again, congrats to all!!! Please e-mail me any more deals that come your way: david@taxi.com~David_____________________David LaidlawMember Services, TAXI5010 N. Parkway Calabasas, Suite 200Calabasas, CA 91302(818) 222-2464(800) 458-2111fax: (818) 888-8811www.taxi.com