Congrats to Matt!!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Congrats to Matt!!

Post by squidlips » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:17 pm

Oooh!! PRIZES!! Glory's good but they give you prizes too??!! Go Matto!

jude3
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jude3 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:30 am

Quote:Quote:IT's nice but how can he win a song contest when he did not write the song?Shouldn't Fransisco Rodriquez be the winner?I must be missing something hereIt's a co-write & they're sharing the prizes. Francisco wrote the lyrics, Matt wrote the music and produced the master recording.then congrats to both of them!I wish I had a partner that could write lyrics.

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:26 am

Quote:IT's nice but how can he win a song contest when he did not write the song?Shouldn't Fransisco Rodriquez be the winner?I must be missing something hereHehee he submitted the song on a whim without me even knowing about it, that's why my name isn't on the site (yet). But rest assured I did co-write it (actually I wrote the music first in this case, then he added the lyrics), and I also did the backing track and produced it.Btw...don't complain about not having a lyricist...find one! matto

jude3
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jude3 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:27 pm

Quote: Btw...don't complain about not having a lyricist...find one! mattoI said I WISHED I had one. How did you draw a complaint out of that?I'll get one if it becomes a problem not having one. In the mean time if one comes then ok. I wish they would. BTW, what kind of plug in did you use for the drums on that track?

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:58 am

Quote:BTW, what kind of plug in did you use for the drums on that track?I'm not sure of everything I used (I did this over a year ago). I know RMX is in there, and it's possible I used it (in kit mode) for the main drum part as well. Maybe Battery 2.I have a fair amount of stuff (although not nearly as much as some of the gear junkies around here ) so I mix and match.

daniel481
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by daniel481 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:07 pm

Just wanted to say congratulations, too, that's quite an honor!