Licensed Track Charts

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

rolanoid
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Licensed Track Charts

Post by rolanoid » Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:55 am

I was very fortunate and excited to have my trance track Reason To Live licensed by a highly selective and choosey music libray earlier this year.The track reached number one on the Broadjam Trance chart last month. It has just been knocked from the top spot by another of my tracks Cyclonic. It's quite a weird and ambivalent feeling knocking your own song off the top spot but I can highly recommend it to anyone!OK Taxi, how about some charts of your own then?-Rolanoid

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Licensed Track Charts

Post by davewalton » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:39 am

Quote:OK Taxi, how about some charts of your own then?Taxi and Broadjam are like apples and oranges. Like any music charting system, Broadjam charts are based on just the song in and of itself. Taxi's model is based on the song PLUS its usefulness for the listing to which it was submitted. Your Broadjam #1 charted track submitted to a "Contemporary Country" Taxi listing would obviously get a return, not because of the music but because it wouldn't be a good fit for the listing. It wouldn't mean anything to "chart" that. Plus, the listings sometimes ask for music that isn't exactly chartable. There's a current listing looking for 60's cartoon music. As good as anyone's piece might be, it certainly wouldn't make the charts anywhere because there's not chart or category for that kind of thing.HTH,Dave

jh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jh » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:34 am

Congratulations!!! I agree with Dave. One of my instrumentals have been on and off the Broadjam charts over a period of 3 years. It´s been #1 on many different charts for several times but it´s never been forwarded. - JH

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:33 am

Quote:OK Taxi, how about some charts of your own then?-RolanoidOur best 'charts' are the forward & success sections of the forum... in which people kindly allow us to hear the music that was successful.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website