New Member, saving for the fee....

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ad8kees

New Member, saving for the fee....

Post by ad8kees » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:47 pm

I am very ready to become a Taxi Member. I have several solo piano compositions, more in the works that I have been told are very good compositions. I just have a few questions and im sure this question has been asked before but being im new, im hoping for forgiveness..... Does everyone on here pretty much make music for a living and earn money as a member of Taxi? I mean have you all been able quit your regular crappy blue or white collar jobs. I am not looking to make millions, maybe not at the start of course, but I am curious if taking this first step will pay off where I can work from my own home in my studio and quit my crappy working for some other company making them money and making me tired job. I have a great desire to make music. I always have it in my head, ideas and stuff but I need to make sure my investment will help me get where I want to be.I appreciate your input and please dont go nutty on me for asking an old and tired question. I look forward to everyones input.thanks

jh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: New Member, saving for the fee....

Post by jh » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:27 pm

Hi,Check out Matt Hirt interview on youtube. ( http://www.youtube.com/user/taximusic ). That will probably answer most of your questions - JH

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:02 am

...as an addition: if you seriously want to make music for a living by composing, then I'd suggest to consider the following:* be prepared that it takes it's time (several years) to earn enough to make a living. it needs percistence, patience, professionalism - and talent.* clear out for yourself what your strenghts are, where do you want to go, how that part of the musicindustry works and where you see a potential* write a businessplan. even if you don't need to talk with a bank, it helps A LOT to point out your goals, turning them into numbers, have control over your progress etc...and: have fun! cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

bobbydazzler
Active
Active

Post by bobbydazzler » Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:03 pm

Welcome!!!!And best of luck!There are many helpful and well meaning people on these boards!!! Enjoy the experience!BD