First Rally Thoughts for new member 2010

From the desk of Michael Laskow.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

psbelote
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

First Rally Thoughts for new member 2010

Post by psbelote » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:08 am

Just as I took a while to join taxi, I was really going to the rally this year to see what it was like. We live in VA and had never been to the west coast. I have a nephew that lives in the SF Bay area and wanted to visit him. We ended up taking 3 weeks and made it a cross country road trip vacation. We went through hurricane force winds in Kansas and a blizzard in southern Wyoming but made it to SF in 4 1/2 days. We spent 3 days there and 2 days on the Pacific Coast Highway. We got to LA a day before the convention started thinking we'd "check it out" and if we found anything good we'd take a class or two, otherwise we were still in vacation mode. We both were in for a very wonderful surprise. We never left the Westin until the last day of the convention and couldn't get enough. Classes from Fett, Bob Baker, Jason Blume, Duke McClean and one-on-one mentoring with Lynn Barrington were some of the highlights of the convention I won't forget.
In retrospect, we still didn't take advantage of the convention like we could have and should have, but next year we will be back and more prepared. We met some great people, and hope to meet many many more next year, and realized from the experience just how stuck we were with our style of writing that just doesn't work, and really want to continue learning more and improving.
We are looking forward to meeting more of you next year and learning more.
By the way, next year we'll be flying into LAX. We saw the Grand Canyon of the way home, and stopped at the Glen Frye shrine in Winslow Arizona, and even wrote a song about the trip "The Ride Of Our Lives". 19 days, 18 states, 7K miles...Once is enough.

Pat and Sherry Belote

http://www.taxi.com/patandsherry
http://www.patandsherry.com

cherbear
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: First Rally Thoughts for new member 2010

Post by cherbear » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:15 pm

That sounds like a great trip, Pat and Sherry! It's always cool to read posts of people's positive experiences !

Cher :)