First royalty check!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

kevinmathie
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

First royalty check!

Post by kevinmathie » Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:55 am

As I mentioned in another thread, I'm just barely coming back to this board after a long hiatus in which I was dealing with a divorce, a knee injury, etc.Anyway, I just wanted to say that my very first royalty check from a music library arrived in the mail the exact same week that I split up from my wife and moved into my own apartment! (I had to either move out or share the house with her new boyfriend! ).This was a couple months ago, so I'm hoping that it was a sign of good things to come now that I'm starting a new chapter in my life! BTW, this success was directly from a Taxi listing that I had submitted to many months ago!

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: First royalty check!

Post by Casey H » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:37 am

Quote:As I mentioned in another thread, I'm just barely coming back to this board after a long hiatus in which I was dealing with a divorce, a knee injury, etc.Anyway, I just wanted to say that my very first royalty check from a music library arrived in the mail the exact same week that I split up from my wife and moved into my own apartment! (I had to either move out or share the house with her new boyfriend! ).This was a couple months ago, so I'm hoping that it was a sign of good things to come now that I'm starting a new chapter in my life! BTW, this success was directly from a Taxi listing that I had submitted to many months ago!Congrats!! Casey

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:46 am

Quote:As I mentioned in another thread, I'm just barely coming back to this board after a long hiatus in which I was dealing with a divorce, a knee injury, etc.Anyway, I just wanted to say that my very first royalty check from a music library arrived in the mail the exact same week that I split up from my wife and moved into my own apartment! (I had to either move out or share the house with her new boyfriend! ).This was a couple months ago, so I'm hoping that it was a sign of good things to come now that I'm starting a new chapter in my life! BTW, this success was directly from a Taxi listing that I had submitted to many months ago!Hey Kevin,That whole thing happened pretty quickly by music business standards. Congratulations and glad to see you back on the boards. Dave

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:07 pm

hey kevin,it doesn't sound like fun where you get through - good to see that you're back & congratulations!martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

anne
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by anne » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:17 am

Hi Kevin - many congratulations!Anne

frankmv
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by frankmv » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:54 pm

Yo Kevin!Congrats! I can definitely identify with the divorce thing...it can really dampen your muse, so to speak. Anyway, best to you...Frank V.

jpenner

Post by jpenner » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:05 pm

Hey Kevin, Good for you!!It sounds like just the encouragement you needed at just the right time.-Jessica

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:43 am

Hey Kevin:Jes negotiating a divorce myself (go figure). I'm really glad you're back and that you got that royalty check. Hope it helped cover rent on the new place!Good luck on what I see as a successful new phase of your life!Hope