my 3rd contract (and placement!) through taxi!!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

my 3rd contract (and placement!) through taxi!!

Post by gitarrero » Thu May 31, 2007 10:52 am

hi guys and gals,I just came home from a loooong day in the office and quickly checked my private mails - and I got another deal-offer which came through taxi..!!! it's a salsa-track.it's the third (...fourth, to be absolute exactly - one company signed two songs, they heard the second a couple of month after I signed the first one) offer I get, and that within 3/4 year membership at taxi - wow!it's a placement on a sampler which will be distributed in europe trough sony/bmg.yehaaww - I spend a round of tee/beer/cola/soda - whatever you want! ...last but not least, the label asked me for more song - ooohh yes of course, I can offer that...;)cheers,Martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

oneeyewillie
Impressive
Impressive

Re: my 3rd contract (and placement!) through taxi!

Post by oneeyewillie » Thu May 31, 2007 11:04 am

Thats Great...Congrats tae ye!Tis fun, yes?

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Thu May 31, 2007 11:34 am

Quote:...and I got another deal-offer which came through taxi..!!! it's a salsa-track.I've never seen anything like it... you and Matto from Switzerland getting deals left and right doing Salsa music. That also pretty much answers any questions about location being or not being important to the deal getting process, especially through Taxi. The only thing better than me getting a deal is another Taxi member getting a deal. I'm inspired by your success and I'll have one of those tees... or maybe a tea instead. English is so wierd. Congratulations! Dave

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Thu May 31, 2007 11:50 am

Quote:Quote:...and I got another deal-offer which came through taxi..!!! it's a salsa-track.I've never seen anything like it... you and Matto from Switzerland getting deals left and right doing Salsa music. That also pretty much answers any questions about location being or not being important to the deal getting process, especially through Taxi. The only thing better than me getting a deal is another Taxi member getting a deal. I'm inspired by your success and I'll have one of those tees... or maybe a tea instead. English is so wierd. Congratulations! Daveuuups - yeah sure I meant "tea" thanks for the kind words - I think you (as well as a couple other members) are an inspiration for lot's of us. "listen to dave" is a sentence I recently read more than once...;)yeah, "location" doesn't seem to matter that much here - I live near Zurich/Switzerland, L.A. is really not around the corner...;)

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Thu May 31, 2007 12:09 pm

How is the Swiss Navy getting on by the way
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Thu May 31, 2007 12:34 pm

Quote:How is the Swiss Navy getting on by the way They are all at sea!

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Thu May 31, 2007 12:34 pm

Yay Martin, congrats, that's a cool placement! Soon you'll be able to say your music has been released on Sony/BMG ...Even if you never made a single "Rappen" from it, the credit alone should certainly impress people and open new doors.matto

grandmatarkin
Impressive
Impressive

Post by grandmatarkin » Thu May 31, 2007 12:47 pm

Sweet! Congrats Martin ... Ain't no one can mix the same!Dave

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Thu May 31, 2007 12:52 pm

Quote:Yay Martin, congrats, that's a cool placement! Soon you'll be able to say your music has been released on Sony/BMG ...Even if you never made a single "Rappen" from it, the credit alone should certainly impress people and open new doors.mattothanks, matto! right, the reference alone is very cool - and indeed: since I can mention mtv-placements in my presentations, more and more companies are willing to talk with me. before that I heard most of the time just the common phrase "no thanks"

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Thu May 31, 2007 1:30 pm

If you have not visited Marty's site http://www.martytone.com/martyenglish.htm then perhaps you don't know that he is a smokin' guitar god!!!Talent like his should never go unnoticed or unrewarded!CongratsNthJealousaka: Allen