Got the call!

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

stick
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Got the call!

Post by stick » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:01 am

No, I'm pretty sure you don't want to mess around with any of those instrumental listings... BTW, the budget on this one is next to nothing, but hopefully it'll lead to a lot more work from her.

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:42 am

Quote:No, I'm pretty sure you don't want to mess around with any of those instrumental listings... BTW, the budget on this one is next to nothing, but hopefully it'll lead to a lot more work from her. That's one reason I haven't pursued some of this stuff yet. It takes quite a volume of tracks being used to see significant monetary return - (unless you happen to win some Armenian Equestrian Laundry Soap lottery), and I stay pretty busy with other work that is for x amount per hour or project.For now, the placement arena is more of a hobby, so I'm doing more things that are either enjoyable, personal, or challenging with a purpose. However, I'm seriously considering a shift in my "extra" time resources to a more business than hobby perspective.... let's go ride bikes Aub

stick
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by stick » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:50 am

There's awesome bike riding around here... well, I'm a mountain biker... I don't know much about road biking. And yeah, I'm kind of like you too... the placement thing is just to fill gaps in the schedule. At the moment I'm completely slammed mixing a couple records I produced... and now she wants me to write this little piece... when it rains it pours I guess.

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:54 am

I'd like to say I wasn't envious, but I'd be lying. Wonderful news Stick. Gives us all hope! Thanks for letting us know. I'm still convinced there's enough to go around.

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:58 pm

Man, it's like "deal mania" here on the forum. Congratulations on the deal and on writing the title theme. Let us know when it's available.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:39 pm

Quote:So remember the Dispatch listing about the kids DVD series about the equestrian girl? I got a call from the producer saying she's using the track I submitted as is, and now also wants me to write the title theme for the entire series! Not bad for my first TAXI submission! Here's the tune that got the gig:http://www.thestickhouse.com/misc/taxis ... .mp3That's FAB!!! Really cool - expecially being invited to write the Title Theme -- how awesome!cheersHummin'bird
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

kg
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by kg » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:03 am

Wow, that's great!!! Congratulations! Nice job

stick
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by stick » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:50 pm

Well, theme's done and sent, and hopefully the (very small) check's in the mail. Gotta love a quick turnaround. Now we wait to see if the show get's some better funding so she'll hire me for some more music. I'll keep you posted...

stick
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by stick » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:51 pm

Oh btw, in the midst of the work, she mentioned that "the girl in the video loves the new music"... as in, she's her daughter... AH HA! Mom's the producer... hmmmm...

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:48 pm

Quote:So remember the Dispatch listing about the kids DVD series about the equestrian girl? I got a call from the producer saying she's using the track I submitted as is, and now also wants me to write the title theme for the entire series! Not bad for my first TAXI submission! Here's the tune that got the gig:http://www.thestickhouse.com/misc/taxis ... 3Excellent news! Doesn't exclude the fact that I am as jealous as hell Good for you!!!Liam