My Music may suck but......

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

My Music may suck but......

Post by arkjack » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:29 pm

Saturday we fished in the Jersey Coast Angler's Assoc Founder Tournament..... The Ark took second place for Cape May.... Fluke weighed in at 5.6 lbs.... caught by my cousin Noel..... Good day, overall had nine flats and 3 seabass.... If my music were this good... it would be like having a hold with a major Nashville artist... anyway..... its bragging rights......ArkJack

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: My Music may suck but......

Post by jchitty » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:38 pm

Quote:Saturday we fished in the Jersey Coast Angler's Assoc Founder Tournament..... The Ark took second place for Cape May.... Fluke weighed in at 5.6 lbs.... caught by my cousin Noel..... Good day, overall had nine flats and 3 seabass.... If my music were this good... it would be like having a hold with a major Nashville artist... anyway..... its bragging rights......ArkJackI never could fish....hey, Congrats!

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:37 pm

hey ark,congrats..!I also do fishing..! some carps found the way to my hook last year. let's see what this summer brings..
production, composition & stringed instruments

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by arkjack » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:16 am

I don't know if its encouraging or discouraging..... kind of like defining success..... The prize awards at Trumps were Friday, and my group came away with about $750 in prizes.... for the fish....That's more money than I made in music in recent years....... but then again... it was a tournament... and I don't really hype on entering songwriting contests.... (last contest I entered they took my $20 and I never even got an acknowledgment of my entry... Sonicbids.... ) I guess the other factor is that my time investment in music is less than fishing... been fishing since before I was born.... (photographic proof available....)... only been playing and writing songs for 35 years.... Fishing has a definite monetary investment advantage over the music as well.... I wish I could get my priorities straight.... I tried taking studio B with me fishing..... but there's a lot of wind noise and the diesel engines running in the background are way worse that the 60 cycle hums out of my cheap-ass guitar pickups..... I guess the best I've done so far is use worn out .12 B strings as wire leader for toothy bluefish..... One of these days I'll have a great music success to brag about.....ArkJack

arkjack
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by arkjack » Tue Jun 19, 2007 11:09 am

So for anyone that cares.... I posted a couple pictures of the fish and the boat on my Taxi page......