Ok, not through TAXI, but...

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

grandmatarkin
Impressive
Impressive

Ok, not through TAXI, but...

Post by grandmatarkin » Thu May 10, 2007 1:11 pm

But... one of my (co-written) songs is in the next version of Dance Dance Revolution for the XBOX 360! I just found out for sure this evening... so I waited till now to talk about it. Being a videogame fan, I'm even more excited about it than I would normally be!If y'all are curious, it can be heard on my broadjam page...www.broadjam.com/davidbroderick ... it's called "Do It Right". I know I didn't get this placement through Taxi, but still I just HAD to tell you guys Dave

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Ok, not through TAXI, but...

Post by davewalton » Thu May 10, 2007 1:38 pm

Quote:But... one of my (co-written) songs is in the next version of Dance Dance Revolution for the XBOX 360! I just found out for sure this evening... so I waited till now to talk about it. Being a videogame fan, I'm even more excited about it than I would normally be!If y'all are curious, it can be heard on my broadjam page...www.broadjam.com/davidbroderick ... it's called "Do It Right". I know I didn't get this placement through Taxi, but still I just HAD to tell you guys DaveWell, I think that posting news like this is a good reflection on Taxi... really says a lot about who their members are (or can be with a little hard work and patience). Says a lot about the caliber of the forum members too. Plus I think it's inspirational. Makes me want to work extra hard tomorrow (or maybe even a little bit tonight). So let me be the first to offer my congratulations. I'm listening to the track right now. I was expecting an instrumental for some reason. Not that I wouldn't have enjoyed an instrumental but I am definitely pleasantly surprised with what I'm listening to. Just a pro-sounding track all the way.Now, for us duffers that aren't tied into the Xbox thing... explain a little more about what the Dance Dance Revolution is and how or where your music will appear.DETAILS man... we need DETAILS! Dave

grandmatarkin
Impressive
Impressive

Post by grandmatarkin » Thu May 10, 2007 11:23 pm

Thanks for the compliment, Dave Well first off, I didn't produce it. I was sent an instrumental groove by an Italian friend who happens to be a really good producer. So really, I only wrote the words and melody. I know that legally that's a lot of the song, but in the case of dance, etc, it's a little less so. There's only one chord in the instrumentation, but the groove is a big part of it. I suppose I shouldn't discount my own contribution though! Basically, you dance on a pad in time with the music, moving your feet left, right, etc as the game tells you. I think they liked the song because it had a lot of "right" and "left" in the lyrics... This has led me to the conclusion that from now on, all my lyrics will be videogame related Given that, my next song is called "Gotta Find the Blue Key!"

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Fri May 11, 2007 6:25 am

hey dave,contrats - that's a great reference which could open doors, too!since I have those mtv-series placements some people think I must be a established producer etc - I even get job offerings because of that.. so I really think that Xbox placement can be helpfull to you in the future.cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

grandmatarkin
Impressive
Impressive

Post by grandmatarkin » Fri May 11, 2007 5:45 pm

thanks martin ! But those mtv-placements are like gold whereas my placement is more akin to ... ummm.... silver? It's ok though, I love silver!Did you know there's actually a "Pimp My Ride" xbox game? (probably for PS2 as well). I wonder if any of your music made it into that... Dave

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Fri May 11, 2007 11:28 pm

Quote:Did you know there's actually a "Pimp My Ride" xbox game? (probably for PS2 as well). I wonder if any of your music made it into that... Davenot that I would know - is the game already released (eg is the musical pitch closed?)
production, composition & stringed instruments

grandmatarkin
Impressive
Impressive

Post by grandmatarkin » Sun May 13, 2007 6:19 pm

Yeah I think it's been released for a while... here's the linkwww.activisionvalue.com/titles/PMR/